Job ID: 207860
P.J. Keating Company, a CRH company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and CRH is the company for you! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
P.J. Keating Company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced surveyor. Our employees are our number one asset. We support and provide training and development opportunities annually and throughout your career. Apply today!
This is a year-round highly skilled position using global positioning systems (GPS) to layout road, airport and various construction projects and verify accuracy of survey data.
You will report directly to the Construction Manager. Our core values are safety, quality and integrity in everything we do. All P.J. Keating employees are expected to partner with associates and management of P.J. Keating Company to coordinate, support, and actively promote our safety processes. You will establish key internal relationships to help ensure safety continues to be embedded in the culture of our Company.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform construction surveys and field stake-out for area roads, bridges, buildings, etc. utilizing AutoCAD, GPS, Topcon and Robotic Total Station.
- Topo – project subsurface layers for payment (topo existing, stripped, and subgrade).
- Site work layouts
- Verification of field measurement
- As-Built – all work performed and create detailed CAD files for review.
- CAD Drafting – create cross sections and plan area drawings for payment.
- Utilize drone technology to maintain inventories and site mapping.
- Measure and record precise distances and angles on, above or below the land surface, including boundary points, topographical features and other designated markers
- Use a variety of modern surveying equipment, manual recording, computer-aided drafting programs and databases to collect and record data of geological areas according to project requirements
- Create reports and maps according to customer or project requirements containing information from field measurements, boundary markers and topographical features
- Prepare two-dimensional maps and three-dimensional computer renderings of property features, such as boundary lines, geological points of interest, existing structures, water features and utility lines
- Communicate with project managers, engineers and construction personnel as needed during development projects to verify geological and property boundary data and contribute to building design as needed
Job Skills and Qualifications
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Minimum of 3 years of construction site surveying and layouts.
- Experience with GPS & Robotic Total Station, Trimble Business Center, Topcon & Trimble Machine Control is a plus
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Strong technical knowledge of construction related survey computations and staking plans – such as erosion control, utility, grading and storm drainage
- Excellent problem-solving skills and understanding of mapping concepts
- Self-motivated with good time management and ability to work outdoors and walk as needed
- Experience with computer drafting programs
- Ability to write correspondence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, officials, customers and the general public at all times.
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines associated with them
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
P.J. Keating Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.