WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting services dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Michael Baker International has hundreds of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), survey, mapping and IT professionals in our Geospatial Practice across North America.
We have differentiated ourselves and expanded our capabilities by using the latest mapping technologies, such as aerial, static and mobile Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) systems that accurately determine range, elevation, and other critical mapping data. Michael Baker International has hundreds of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), survey, mapping and IT professionals in our Geospatial Practice across North America.
Michael Baker International is seeking a self-motivated Surveyor to work in our Moon Township, Pennsylvania office. Our team services numerous external clients in various markets, as well as supporting our internal planning, civil engineering, water resources, architecture, and construction management teams on both private and public projects. This position is primarily an office position, though field work and project related travel may be required infrequently.
Under the supervision of the Chief Surveyor, the candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Supervise survey crews and coordinate field work.
- Research previous survey evidence , maps, deeds , physical evidence , and other records to obtain data needed for field surveys.
- Determine methods and procedures for establishing or re-establishing survey control.
- Accurately plot deeds and prepare mosaics for client use.
- Review, perform, and create exhibits for right-of-way and boundary retracement surveys.
- Maintain accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe work performed.
- Coordinate findings with the work of Michael Baker engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others connected with the project.
- Able to remain flexible with the ever-changing workload, schedule, working conditions and project/client requirements.
- Implement QA/QC practices for final survey deliverables.
- Perform field work as needed.
- Ability to work well with others as a team member, and alone.
- Ability to communicate well with other staff to accomplish team goals.
- Other duties as assigned to successfully complete project deliverables or meet internal goals.
- Graduate from a two-year or four-year accredited college or university with a Bachelor of Science degree in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering, or related field.
- Degree plus 2 years' practical survey experience.
- SIT or LS required.
- Proficiency with the operation and maintenance of Trimble total stations, GPS equipment, and electronic levels and other various measuring instruments is required, specifically:
- Leica GPS and Robotic Total Station (VIVA)
- Trimble GPS R8 and R10 with TSC3 collector
- Trimble Robotic Total Station with TSC7 Collector
- Leica P10 or P20 Scan Station experience is a plus
- Proficiency with electronic data collection systems and processes is required. Must be able to download and process data files, perform complex survey computations using various software packages, specifically:
- AutoCAD Civil3D
- Trimble Business Center
- Carlson Survey in AutoCAD Civil3D platform
- Leica Infinity
- Proficiency with registering and processing LiDAR point clouds using Leica Cyclone and Cloud Works.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.