We are looking for a Sushi Chef to join our culinary team and prepare delicious plates for our guests initially for take-out, and later for in-house dining.
Sushi Chef responsibilities include handling a wide range of raw fish and other ingredients, managing food stock and working with an attention to detail to fulfill all orders within quality standards. To be successful in this role, the candidate should have experience with Japanese cuisine and be available to work flexible hours.
- Prepare all types of sushi, including maki, nigiri and sashimi.
- Add additional flavors to sushi rolls with ginger, rice vinegar, wasabi, and soy sauce.
- Advise in recipe development
- Select high quality ingredients.
- Manage food preparation like rice making.
- Maintain hygiene principles in all cooking areas.
- Maintain kitchen equipment.
- Work experience in Asian and Japanese Cuisine (3+ years of experience).
- Knowledge of various sushi types and sushi-rolling techniques.
- Knowledge of knife skills.
- Ability to work both fast and accurately.
- Team spirit and collaboration.
- Flexibility to take various shifts,
- Degree in culinary arts is a plus.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: 25.00 Hourly