The Analytical Solutions Division (ASD) of Applied Research Associates (ARA), Inc., has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Sustainment Engineer/Logistics Specialist with a strong background in sustainment, logistics, test and integration. The successful applicant will support Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center (AFNWC); identify and coordinate logistics related to the B61 weapon and delivery platforms. This position requires strong technical background and analytics skills. Candidate will be required to be familiar with aircraft engineering systems (i.e. electrical, mechanical) and standard operations, as well as have detailed knowledge of MIL-STD-1553 communication architecture and nuclear weapon integration.
Primary Duty Location
Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
- Provide direct technical expertise support by assessing and evaluating integration efforts of various aircraft platforms
- Manage, update, execute and verify system performance, survivability, vulnerability and system effectiveness for test activities.
- Evaluate multiple conditions and specific system inputs to ensure no cumulative degrade effect on system hardness, survivability, reliability or availability.
- Monitor, track, and analyze integration protocol and identify possible failure modes and make recommendations for actions to resolve abnormal trends.
- Provide briefings, papers, reports, memorandums, and documentation on the support provided for the Directorate and prepare senior level briefings, presentations, and white papers.
- Write, develop, and publish guidance on behalf of directorate leadership to communicate priorities with regards to initiatives within the program.
Candidates will be required to have the following general experience and knowledge:
- Ability to identify and assess potential impacts of issues that may affect the interoperability of the weapon and delivery system, and for compliance with interface requirements and nuclear certification criteria for the B61-12 program
- Ability to understand, apply, and ensure Contractor compliance with DoDI 5000.02 Series, the Joint DoD/DOE 6.X process, and the FAR is required.
- Must have a working knowledge and experience with coordination of plans, documents, reports and Logistic data bases.
- Ability to manage and prioritize numerous assignments.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated (excellent) writing, presentation, and communication skills.
Candidates must meet the following requirements and have the following skill level for the respective position:
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and possess an ACTIVE Secret Clearance, Top Secret eligible. *ARAClear
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering with 10 - 12 years of related experience
- Minimum: five (5) years’ experience in DoDI 5000.02 Series with acquisition of a major weapon system program is required.
- Experience in nuclear weapon system acquisition program and weapon integration preferred.
- Must be available and willing to work flexible hours occasionally.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1100 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.