- Would you like to work at a multi-faceted, dynamic lending organization that thrives on teamwork and collaboration?
- Are you passionate about lending, work-life balance, community, and doing the right thing?
- Are you interested in working in a vibrant market in an area known for its great quality of life?
If so, we’d love to talk with you about San Mateo Credit Union’s SVP, Chief Lending Officer position!
Located in the heart of the Bay Area, San Mateo Credit Union is a community-centric and growth-orientated organization that is one of the most unique and special providers of financial products, services and education in the area. We recently surpassed $1 billion in assets and had a record-breaking lending year in 2017. Our future is bright with promise!
As the SVP, Chief Lending Officer, you will oversee the strategic planning, directing, managing and evaluating of all consumer lending, residential real estate lending, secondary market, financial assistance, and credit risk management activities and needs for San Mateo Credit Union (SMCU). Additionally, you will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) which provides overall strategic leadership to the organization. You will also be responsible for a variety of tasks which would include:
- Oversees Consumer Lending, Residential Real Estate Lending, and Financial Assistance personnel, including coaching and mentoring of direct reports, setting semi-annual goals, conducting semi-annual performance reviews, recommending promotions and salary changes.
- Proactively drives new strategies by anticipating and planning for future organizational needs, member/product needs, and ensure all staff understands the overall vision in regards to the strategic goals.
- Serves as a member of the SLT by actively participating in SLT meetings, mentoring and holding peers and staff responsible for all areas that impact the strategic plan, as well as contributes to high quality member service, growth, risk management and profitability of SMCU.
- Participates in developing SMCU’s Strategic Plan, Annual Business Plan (“Bold Steps”), and Budget. Works with cross-functional teams in carrying out strategic initiatives.
- Provides relevant lending-related and credit risk-related input to the annual budget, and maintains accountability for achieving budgetary goals and limits.
- Determines success measures and service levels for Consumer Lending, Residential Real Estate Lending, and Financial Assistance departments and distills relevant performance data for reporting on a monthly basis.
- Participates on the Asset-Liability Management Committee (ALCO) in actively managing SMCU’s interest rate risk, setting pricing on loans and deposits, managing net interest margin, and managing liquidity to ensure strong earnings while staying within SMCU’s interest rate and liquidity risk tolerances.
- Participates on the Credit Risk Management Committee (CRMCO) in actively managing credit risk though sophisticated credit risk analytics, sound internal controls and operating procedures, and solid underwriting practices as a means of delivering on SMCU’s lending-related value propositions while staying within SMCU’s credit risk tolerances.
- Responsible for directing all secondary market activities, including loan sales, investor servicing, mortgage servicing asset valuation.
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively run multi-faceted and dynamic consumer lending, residential real estate lending and financial assistance departments of a mid- to large-size financial institution.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to lead, motivate, and supervise employees.
- Current knowledge of all laws, rules and regulations pertaining to lending.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of financial institution operational methods practices and services.
- Knowledge of financial concepts, systems, operations, methodologies, and stands of performance.
- Ability to analyze problems and opportunities, identify and evaluate alternatives, and develop sound, effective approaches.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate the achievement of goals, objectives, and work plans.
- Strong data analytics capabilities.
- Knowledge of Business Lending programs, operations and methodologies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with a diverse group of people including Board Members, regulators, Members, employees, and other parties.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
A minimum of ten years’ experience in lending for a mid- to large-size financial institution and at least a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
We want to hear from you and how you would make a great addition to our Lending Team!
SMCU reflects the value placed on employees by providing the following impressive benefits in addition to competitive salary:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long Term Disability Insurances!
- 401(k) including generous matching contributions!
- Semi-annual bonuses for meeting key financial and operational goals!
- Discounts on financial products and services, including loans!
- Paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and much more!