The Chief Technology Officer is responsible for leading the IT organization, developing and implementing a strategic technology plan for the Company and participating as a member of the senior leadership team. The CTO has overall responsibility and accountability for the people, processes, and technology that make up IT infrastructure, applications, and cybersecurity and for ensuring that the technology infrastructure is reliable, maintainable, scalable, flexible, and secure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the strategic direction of the enterprise infrastructure organization including data centers/hosting, networks and telecommunications, desktop and devices, helpdesk, service delivery, information security, and shared applications. Evaluate key industry and technology trends and provide thought leadership to the enterprise including ensuring the IT team is engaged on current trends and developments.
- Define and execute the technical strategic roadmap for new technologies and architectures including end-to-end implementations.
- Assess new computing technologies to determine potential value for the company.
- Deploy strategies to introduce new technology and increase automation and efficiencies throughout the organization.
- Drive technology infrastructure and production services towards an efficient, responsive and reliable internal delivery organization focused on service and cost while aligned to business segment priorities and requirements.
- Oversee the development of enterprise standards and technology architecture, technology evaluation, and the IT governance process.
- Apply advanced technology knowledge and skills in assessing technical requirements and develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity.
- Lead the strategic planning and implementation of a data management and governance program. Lead the planning and project management for the migration and replacement of technology hardware, operating systems, and networking platforms, as needed.
- Provide enterprise-wide direction on the use of emerging technologies for IT.
- Monitor best practices to ensure the company is externally competitive and aligned with its internal business needs.
- Develop and oversee effective disaster recovery policies and standards to align with enterprise business continuity program goals. Coordinate the development of implementation plans and procedures to ensure that business-critical services are recovered in the event of a security event.
- Establish and maintain collaborative, supportive, open and professional working relationships with a variety of executives, management, and team members.
- Manage strategic vendor and partner relationships.
The CTO will have a deep and broad technical background and will be a strong business leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), and the ability to quickly establish credibility and trust with a variety of key stakeholders. The incumbent must possess a proven track record of effectively managing people and leading project teams within diverse areas of IT, including infrastructure, applications, and cyber security. Asset Management and/or financial services experience is highly preferred.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 15+ years of experience in technology leadership.
- Hands-on experience running mission-critical IT operations. Detail oriented and capable of spanning the leadership spectrum from technical architecture to top-level business interaction.
- Proven experience building a service-oriented organization and driving or promoting a service delivery model.
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling, and resource management.
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations, and an expertise in negotiating complex contracts and managing vendors, including design and tracking of Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- High level of personal integrity as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and to show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to communicate a business-centric, technology vision that inspires and motivates staff.
- Ability to respond rapidly to changing technology and apply leading-edge technology to business needs.
- Ability to plan and direct IT efforts to improve operational efficiency, service delivery, and information management across all lines of business and technology platforms.
- Strong customer service orientation and awareness to collaborate across the organization to drive key critical decisions and resolve complex problems.