Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Company’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Company products and services. In addition to supporting client implementation of Company products and services globally, Client Services is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Company organization and clients, including Company Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Company’s DPS, Cybersource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchant. We are trusted partners to Company’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
The Senior Vice President, Global Client Readiness is responsible for leading a professional services organization with 100+ direct reports and large cross-functional teams to deliver client and Client Services readiness support and deployment of Company’s new products and services for clients in all Company regions. Clients include issuing and acquiring financial institutions, merchants, third party processors and strategic partners. This role provides functional and technical leadership for all client readiness activities globally, including the cross functional delivery of systems and services. This role is a direct report to the Global Head of Client Services and is on the Global Client Services Leadership Team.
The SVP, Global Client Readiness has responsibility for client and Client Services functional readiness for launches of new and modified Company products, Digital and Business Enhancement readiness, and delivery of support services to clients. This lead position collaborates with Product, Technology, Regional Client Services Leads, Sales and Clients to support the design, development and delivery of Company’s products and services. The team is also responsible for establishing consistent implementation approaches, to help accelerate the deployment of Company products and services.
The SVP, Global Client Readiness is responsible for building a cohesive high performing team by providing leadership, setting strategic direction and applying working knowledge of Company and Company products, systems and procedures. This leader is also accountable for providing leadership to direct reports and partners closely with Global Client Services counterparts, cross-functional leaders and executive management.
- 15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 12 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or a minimum of 10 years of work experience with a PhD
- 18 years of successful experience in progressive leadership roles with Client facing accountability in the Payments industry with an advanced degree.
- Demonstrated strategic ability to solve complex global cross-functional issues exercising critical thinking and sound judgment.
- Functional experience in bankcard operations, supporting highly complex clients and/or services.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically lead cross functional teams through high impact complex business issues that do not have precedent
- Successful management of large teams of technical and/or professional services professionals
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at senior and executive management levels.
- Working knowledge of payment systems including authorization & clearing systems, client connectivity, and settlement services, processing, business and operational drivers for Company clients.
- Demonstrated experience with technical and/or sales account management, including successful client relationships providing strategic consultation leveraging analytical tools and processes.
- Project management and leadership skills
- Executive presence with excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex topics.
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiation skills.
- Proven record of accomplishment in establishing and leading high performing, diverse teams focused on achieving and exceeding established goals and objectives.
- Leads the Global Client Readiness organization, with direct management responsibility for Client Readiness staff, with regional teams dual reporting into the respective Regional Client Services Leads. Partners closely with Regional Client Services Leads to jointly manage regional teams and facilitate efficient client readiness activities in globally.
- Responsible for establishing and managing the budget for Global Client Readiness function, including delivering expense and revenue targets within plan.
- Leads all aspects of supporting client and Company readiness for Company’s regular system releases, large operational initiatives, and all new products and services.
- Partners closely with Product and Technology teams during the design and development phases to ensure we develop products and services with streamlined client implementation in mind.
- Establishes global consistency for product and service implementation to help accelerate deployment around the world.
- As needed, performs as a leader and thought partner on cross-functional crisis management team as needed, often requiring leading through crisis that has no precedent.
- Establishes and fosters relationships with clients and internal stakeholders at all levels, including executive management.
- Leads by example, setting development and leadership goals for the organization, holding leaders accountable for the development of their teams and delivery of goals. Utilizes the Company Leadership Principles and Rewards/Recognition programs inclusive of Annual Review.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 35% of the time