The SVP, Global Communications & Events serves as an integral member of the global marketing team and the executive operations team and will be responsible for the development of Company’s global communication and event strategy. Responsible for the organizational strategic planning process and brand communications function and corporate communications and all of its related disciplines—events, athlete/asset initiatives, product launches, marketing campaigns, internal/consumer communications, public relations, government affairs, and events – to promote, enhance and protect the organization’s corporate and executive reputation and enhance Company connection with our consumers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Global mindset - - build the strategic and proactive Communications platform for the Brand internally and externally.
- Partner with Brand marketing, Consumer Engagement, Creative, Product Development, GM’s, Finance, and regional teams to ensure consistent and compelling communications messages and strategies are created.
- Ensure that brand assets are integrated to deliver against product launches/innovation, influencer seeding and marketing campaigns to garner extensive coverage in top media outlets, including broadcast, print and digital platforms.
- Develop a team of strong communicators who can operate well in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate strategic intuitiveness along with the technical competencies needed to manage communication for multiple stakeholders across various platforms.
- Apply data and insights to drive key objectives and measurement for global communications function across engagements and continue to raise Company’s awareness and consideration in industry and markets.
- Lead overall communications channels and strategies across social and more, to drive optimization of brand including owned channels, 3rd party communities, social selling and broader employee activation.
- Ensure that our company’s culture, values and beliefs are integrated into its communication efforts and that it is consistent across channels.
- Curate information flow across numerous channels to global audiences.
- Direct and manage communications agencies globally to ensure strategic partnership and all plans are executed on strategy, on time with the GTM process and on budget.
- Manage budget and communication/event teams with the ability to scale up and down quickly and effectively
- Create, deliver, and drive strategy for communications for across Brand initiatives including category storytelling, athlete/asset initiatives, product launches/innovation, influencer seeding and marketing campaigns.
- Development and implementation of an integrated strategic communications and marketing plan designed to more clearly define Company among its key stakeholders, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities, and increase visibility of its programs across relevant audiences.
- Operate as a publicist to CEO/Chairman, and Company. Including, managing day to day relations with media as well as the social media accounts. Build brand strategy in partnership with the OCEO, inclusive of events, speaking engagements, interviews and public appearances.
- Crisis Communications Lead: Proactively plan against and advise leadership during challenges and crises, while defining the company’s strategic direction and articulating an updated corporate narrative.
- Connect, network, and oversee the pitching of local/global/social media to manage speaking engagements, appearances, interviews, and major news pieces around corporate strategy and thought leadership of executives.
- Work in partnership with our Chief Legal Officer to ensure that policy positions on key issues and initiatives impacting the company, including in the areas of international trade, tax, intellectcompanyl property and economic development as well as other topics are aligned to promote, protect and enhance the organization as a whole.
- Oversee culture development through the lens of internal communication and opportunities to share this publicly.
- Be a liaison to the CMO/CEO and partner with other senior leaders for all messaging, copy, and content in their respective channels and organizations.
- Responsible for internal branding
- Ensure full integration of event strategy across all touchpoints – community, athlete and teammate.