CBS Global Distribution is seeking a strategic and entrepreneurial SVP, Human Resources who will be a trusted partner for Company’s new Chief People Officer and the President & CEO of CBS’ Global Distribution Group. He or she will develop and execute a people strategy that supports the business strategy of the division and of the corporation.
This is an incredible opportunity for a strategic and creative human resources executive. The SVP will help evolve and shape the function’s structure and strategy. They will also work closely with the executive staff on key initiatives for CBS Global Distribution’s growth trajectory.
- Develop a picture of what the people needs are to support the business and develop a change program that puts that people strategy into practice.
- Proactively conduct outreach to employees to assess morale, challenges and career and development aspirations as well as support the involvement of Employee Resource groups.
- Ensure that CBS’ workforce -- including our current and future leaders -- is high performing, motivated and continually improving itself. Track this data for employees across the organization and develop a system for identifying and addressing high-risk and high-opportunity individuals.
- Provide support to department leaders, offering feedback and advice on employee and organizational issues.
- Provide resources, leadership and counsel regarding diversity and inclusion in collaboration with Company centralized D&I function.
- In collaboration with Centers of Excellence, provide a broad range of HR support for achieving business objectives that include talent management, organizational effectiveness, leadership development, HRIS, technology, benefits, compensation and recruiting.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to management and staff regarding company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Act as a liaison with newly created centralized Employee Relations function.
- In partnership with Centers of Excellence, facilitate and lead meaningful discussions on succession planning and broader talent management.
- Inspire, coach and mentor team of HR Generalists.
- A track record of developing a more inclusive and diverse workforce and workplace.
- Successful demonstration of launching and implementing multiple HR programs.
- Ideal candidate has experience in navigating and utilizing a centralized HR function in a matrixed structure.
- Critical member of a leadership team that successfully transformed an organization and its people.
- He or she will have experience in transitioning an HR function from tactical to strategic and results oriented.
- A minimum of 15 years of talent/HR leadership experience with sophisticated and progressive human resources organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully in a fast paced, multi-tasking, and dynamic organization along with significant influence/negotiation/coaching skills with senior-level executives.
- Experience managing an international employee base as well as HR staff highly preferred.
- Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment and labor laws, employee relations, management & leadership development, performance management, organizational design, recruitment and compensation philosophies. Experience working with employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement would be an excellent additive.
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving that balances the strategic goals of the company with the objectives of the client organization and solid human resource practices and principles.
- Experience working with an international and multi-location workforce, including international sales teams.
- Knowledge and experience with a 24/7 organization and ability to adapt and change in fast- paced oriented environment.
TRAVEL: 10% of expected travel