South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County. Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
The Swim Instructors primary responsibility is to teach non-competitive, learn to swim groups to a variety of ages and secondary responsibility to teach with NTC Aquatics swim team as needed.
* Uses a critical eye when analyzing stroke technique, especially for beginners, and understands how to correct stroke flaws.
* Learns quickly and abides by the Swim America skill progression when teaching non-competitive swim classes.
* Multitasks effectively when managing multiple swimmers at a time while providing feedback and group instruction.
* Responsible for enforcing pool rules, while maintaining a safe and sanitary pool for participants, members and their guests.
* Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
* Respects the rights and privacy of others and holds staff member information in strict confidence.
* Maintains regular attendance and complies with time and attendance policy and procedure.
* Adheres to South Lake Hospital's policies and procedures; Mission, Vision and Values statements; Code of Conduct.
* Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards including Federal, State, local and Joint Commission.
* Prioritizes workload to manage multiple priorities.
* Uses problem-solving skills to meet goals.
* Enhances professional growth by participating in educational programs, current literature and/or workshops.
Other Related Functions
* Implement swim skill progressions for each stroke when teaching new swimmers.
* Utilize given curriculum that is required in each level prior to advancement of a swimmer.
* Advises Aquatic Supervisor and Aquatic Developmental Program Coordinator regarding conditions/practices that may pose a threat to health and safety, which ensures all teaching and practice areas are free of hazards and that materials and equipment are safe.
* Performs other related duties as needed.
*High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
*Must obtain Swim America Red Card and pass the Foundations of Coaching Test within 90 days of hire.
*Current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the professional rescuer or American Heart Association ALS required.
*Two years of professional experience in swim instruction preferred.
*Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled