ITS ConGlobal is the industry-leading provider of intermodal rail terminal services, auto loading and unloading and container depot services. We take pride in consistently delivering superior and reliable service, a broad scope of services and an exemplary safety record. We’re currently seeking a Switchman – General Laborer to join our team.
The Switchman – General Laborer role is responsible for operating track switches & derails to ensure the correct routing of engines or cars within yards.
Switchman – General Labor
- Monitors switch points to ensure switch is properly aligned
- Observes & monitors track conditions; broken rails, defective switches & weather-related issues
- Climbs equipment to set/release handbrakes
- Couples & uncouples air hoses between railcars
- Removes & replaces broken knuckles (75lb railcar connector)
- Rides moving cars via grab irons or ladders
- Observes, interprets & relays hand/lantern/other signals affecting movement of the train
- Judges & controls speed & clearance distance of cars
This is an exciting time at ITSC and we’re seeking individuals to join our growing team! We offer full time employees the following; competitive compensation, benefits, 401K & vacation.
- Prior labor (general or industrial) experience is preferred
- Open availability is required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Heavy equipment experience is preferred
- Willingness to complete a criminal background, drug screen and physical
All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of race, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, religion, protected veteran status or national origin.