Nothing brings people together like good food. And nothing makes our residents happier than a delicious, home cooked meal.
We are currently seeking a Part time Cook with excellent cooking and baking skills, a strong aptitude for menu planning while staying on budget, and a personality that gets along well with a variety of individuals ranging from seniors to staff to family members.
This position will work first shift the days that our full time cook is off, as well as rotating holidays. A full benefits package is offered including paid time off, insurance, and a retirement package.
Apply today via this website to learn more. When you lead our kitchen, you learn how you mean so much, to so many.
Coordinate the food service program, in keeping with nutritional guidelines, residence policies and food service budget. Order and prepare food, dining service, food service for special events and activities, maintain food inventory, and maintain regulatory compliance.
Food Preparation and Dining Service
- Prepare and cook food in accordance with nutritional guidelines, regulations, and residents’ individual prescribed diets and food preference.
- Present food in an appetizing and attractive manner.
- Assist in fostering residents’ independence with eating by providing adaptive equipment when needed.
- Ensure that food is delivered on time and in a pleasant manner.
- Visit with residents at each meal when available and ensure quality service.
- Prepare food and coordinate food service for special event as requested.
- Encourage residents to participate in the food service program and provide a forum for their input.
Regularity Compliance and Sanitation
- Ensure compliance with HACCP, local health department regulations and the residence policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe kitchen environment.
- Ensure proper storage and handling of food in accordance with infection control standards.
- Check water, food and storage temperatures as required.
- Report all broken equipment to the Administrator in a timely manner to ensure the safety of the staff and residents.
Documentation and Communication
- Ensure the menu is posted daily and weekly menus are always posted in the kitchen/ dining room.
- Attend mandatory training's and in-services as required by state and federal regulations, and as directed by the Administrator.
- Follow the set menu and if deviations are necessary, ensure all changes are noted on the menu.
- Adhere to the weekly and monthly ordering budgets and limit smaller grocery trips as required.
- State food-handling and kitchen regulations
- OSHA Standards
- Fire and Safety procedures
- Operation of kitchen appliances
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a chef/cook
- Current food service sanitation certificate
- Desire to work with older adults