The Syndication Loans Specialist will work closely with the Manager, Syndication Loan, Market Leaders, Lenders, Relationship Managers, and appropriate internal departments to develop and grow a Loan Syndication business in line with VNB's strategic objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Support the Manager, Syndication Loans in every aspect of the business; this includes the ongoing build out of the loan syndication department for Valley National Bank, including policies, processes, and strategy for business development.
* Lead the maintenance and grow strategic relationships in the corporate and financial institution market segments primarily in the less than $1B bank market segment; this includes but is not limited to large corporate, middle market, specialized, real estate, and wealth management market opportunities as well as, at times, all sizes of financial institutions.
* Be the lead on sell side syndications and support buy side when needed; this includes being a conduit for incoming opportunities.
* Structures marketable syndicated relationships and purchased transactions; this includes, but is not limited to, assessing cash flow, debt capacity, business/ownership integrity, and VNB profitability.
* Maintain deal site management activity and build loan tapes for partner bank portfolio loan purchase review.
* Incorporate industry trends and opportunities into internal colleague communications, activities, and training.
* Oversee and assist in the due diligence, modeling, pitchbook packaging, distribution, and ongoing support of syndicated loan prospecting, lead, and purchase activities.
* Work with appropriate departments to ensure that profitability objectives are maintained.
* Assist in the cross sell of VNB services. Deepen existing product penetration and profitability. Provide expertise in evaluating and launching new, scalable opportunities. Assist or lead in creating end-to-end strategic client solutions.
* Responsible for meeting/exceeding business plan objectives (revenue and expense budgets).
* Perform risk assessment and mitigation in line with corporate strategic objectives.
* In conjunction with Loan Underwriting and Loan Operations, assess and maintain the appropriate loan syndication technology/software support for efficient and compliant internal and external needs.
* Ensure all end-to-end documentation is in place across all business partners.
* Participate in syndicated lender and internal lender meetings as needed.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Strong leadership and collaboration skills.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities.
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal with all level of employees and customers.
* Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
* Utmost integrity.
* Strong interpersonal skills needed to interact with customers or prospective clients.
* Strong time management skills.
* The ability to effectively present information.
* Bachelor's Degree and minimum of three years' broad financial market experience with experience speaking and meeting with industry contacts or the completion of the VNB Credit Underwriting Program.
* MBA or advanced degree preferred.
* Currently working on a Loan Syndication's desk and commercial lending experience preferred.
* Formal or on the job credit training and the ability to cross sell commercial banking products preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled