Do you enjoy working with amazing people? If you are solution oriented, thrive in a fast paced, agile environment then come work for a company that was ranked 7th in the 2016 Washington Post Top Workplaces.
You can be a Sr Network Engineer anywhere, but at REI your System/Network Administration contributes to a mission. Influence the solution!
- Install, Configure, upgrade and manage Linux based Systems and Applications.
- Experience with installing, configuring and administrating Web and database servers (apache, tomcat, PHP, MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience in shell scripting, patching, and networking concepts (VLANs, routing, firewalls, subnetting)
- Familiarity with server virtualization technologies (e. g. VMware), SAN/storage concepts, logical volume management, NFS, SNMP, sftp, and SMTP
- Working knowledge of system security best practices (DOD, NIST); Experience with hardening systems and applications using DISA STIGS
- Perform System Maintenance to include patching and upgrades
- Configure and manage system backups and recovery
- Monitor System performance and review system and application logs
- Troubleshoot systems and Applications when issues arise
- Provide Technical Support and Guidance to users, developers and other system administrators
- Develop and maintain system and Application related documentation.
- Working Knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS and Azure)
- DevSecOps experience.
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
Minimum/General Experience: Three to five years of systems/network administration experience having strong analytical skills. Solid foundation in working with various flavors of Unix/Linux operating systems and Application support.
- Ability to work well with customers and in a cross-team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication abilities
Education and training: BS in Computer Science, Information systems or a related discipline
US Citizenship and Active Secret Clearance Required: This position is on a US Government Contract and requires us to staff US Citizens
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience