***US citizenship required per government contract (no dual citizenship). Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements.***
The System Administrator will be responsible for installation and system check-out of the software builds for the test and support teams. Must have strong knowledge of Linux and VMWare.
Strong problem determination skills, solid troubleshooting experience, and the ability to solve engineering issues in complex systems, and software installation and configuration are highly desired. Specific activities include:
- Performing problem determination and analysis on all system components
- Troubleshooting of issues in new software builds and working with software team to resolve issues
- Demonstrated experience working in Linux platforms and VMWare
- Demonstrated success in working on large-scale, multi-disciplined programs in a large corporate environment
- System check-out activities of new software builds (system is built with Java, C++ and some Ada), must have strong integration skills
- Support other tasks as appropriate to support the development/test teams.
The System Administrator Engineer shall have the following skill/experience level:
- System administration for high availability systems
- Linux and VMWare troubleshooting experience
- Familiarization with NetApp Storage Systems
- Software language: strong working knowledge of shell scripting
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Lab test execution and troubleshooting
- Familiarization with the Atlassian Tool Suite, JIRA, and Webstat.
Desired skills include knowledge of FAA systems, air traffic management, and tower controller understanding.