Core Network Services (DNS, Enterprise DHCP, NTP, IPControl) Engineering & Operations - System Deployments, Automation-related Software Development, Production Support.
Approximately 50% of time will be used for production support and 50% of time will be used for system deployments, monitoring improvements and associated coding.
Experience Devops, Scripting experience with Python.
Excellent Communication skills
Debugging abilities across more than one language and system
- Provides engineering and operational support for Domain Name System (DNS) infrastructure and technologies.
- Analyzes DNS infrastructure design and traffic volume for network optimization.
- Follows engineering design life cycle with proper documentation ensuring that all detailed designs adhere to network standards.
- Develops test and acceptance criteria for DNS infrastructure.
- Drives the continuous improvement of deployed systems by consistently looking for ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Strong CentOS/RHEL administration skills
- Strong system engineering skills, particularly with automated configuration management (SaltStack/Ansible)
- Solid software development skills, with a focus on programming/automation. Python is generally preferred, but Perl, Ruby and Go are also suitable.