Systems Administrator/Desktop Support Position Available in Ft Detrick
Summary: Will act as a desktop and systems administrator for MS Windows 10 Desktops and Windows Servers, virtualized servers, and virtualized desktops.
- Conduct operations and maintenance for existing classified and unclassified servers located at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Joint Base Andrews, and the Pentagon.
- Perform vulnerability management mitigations by patching Windows 2003/2008 servers.
- Administers backup jobs on Windows servers. Administer and maintain HP DL 360/380 servers, EMC SANs (virtualization effort) hardware/drives/RAID.
- Use directory and resource administrator tool to administer active directory environment and Exchange services hosted on AFNET and DISA-managed systems.
- Use Virtualization Administration and implementation of VMWare and provisioning/building templates.
- Administer and troubleshoot SAN, NAS, and storage and designing storage requirements for Windows environment.
- Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline w/ 3+ years of operating systems experience.
- Capable of handling moderately complex assignment
- Experience patching Windows Servers
- Experience using Active Directory Services and DRA
- Experience working with EMC SAN storage systems and backup technologies
- Experience allocating and designing SAN LUN allocation
- Experience administering and patching ESXi hosts
- Experience managing VM Ware virtual server environment
- 8570 Certification (Security+ CE or higher)
Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Top Secret Clearance eligible as a condition of employment.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178