Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology staffing firm, is looking for a Systems Administrator who excels in their role, and are committed to delivering an exceptional experience for our client's internal and external end users and clients. We look for individuals who are passionate in life and bring those qualities to work every day. Do you instill confidence, trust, and respect, encourage success and build relationships? We are looking for people like this to join our friendly, engaged, professional team.
This is a 3 month contract with possible extensions or hire role in Orlando, Fl.
Please send your resume to Michelle Pavese at email@example.com
Only qualified candidates who meet the below requirements will be considered.
Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Orlando, FL
Duration: 3 month contract with extensions or possible hire
The Systems Administrator III is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, health, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The Systems Administrator III leads and/or participates in technical research and development to enable continual innovation within the infrastructure. The Systems Administrator III ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational strategies and values.
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain installation, operations, and configuration procedures.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware and software.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Provide technical support after normal work hours when necessary.
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of systems.
- Designing, installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Decommission legacy hardware and software.
- Migrate and/or upgrade hardware and software.
- Analyze application requirements, developers' needs, and technical constraints, then provide tailored solutions.
- Five (5) or more years of experience providing leadership or mentoring teams, including hands on experience, which are responsible for systems and/or network design, administration and support.
- Ten (10) or more years of progressively knowledgeable, responsible and skilled experience in systems and networking including the following areas:
- Proven ability to design, architect, develop, and maintain a medium to large scale network and server environment.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience with the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Active Directory administration and management (manage objects and groups).
- Virtualization technologies (VMware and Hyper-V)
- Enterprise backup technologies (Symantec Netbackup)
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178