Chenega Technical Innovations
CHENEGA TECHNICAL INNOVATIONS, LLC
Company Job Title:
System Administrator IV
Sioux Falls, SD
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
| || |
The System Administrator IV will perform system administration for Linux and Windows operating systems and VMware virtual host environments. The Systems Administrator IV will also be responsible for monitoring and supporting enterprise services including DNS, DHCP, AD and IIS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Set up file storage with ACL proper permissions.
- Responsible for the security and administrative controls of service(s) and/or system(s).
- Support Information technology on multiple computers or network devices represented within an onsite system and/or a remote site.
- Monitor server application for availability, latency, and gateway queuing and maintain current knowledge of vendor upgrades and patches for both the server and client applications.
- Perform systems management and system monitoring and upgrade of all required Microsoft and Linux based systems/servers.
- Utilize new data storage and replication technologies to ensure that all data is managed to provide full backup(s) and Continuity of Operations and Disaster Recovery.
- Monitor the server application, system and security logs using various tools such as Microsoft Operational Management server VMWare vSphere, Qwest Auditor and NetIQ.
- Other duties as assigned to support the needs of the customer/client.
- This position does not have formal supervisory responsibilities, but may require oversight and training of junior staff.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Associate’s Degree or Certificate from technical training institute required.
- Four (4) years of relational database management experience.
- Three (3) years of related technical experience in supporting various database platforms for a data center. Support would include (but not limited to): backup and recovery of systems, patching of systems, providing Tier II/III support to lower tiers, performance tuning, hardware upgrades, operational configurations, resource optimization, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to support Microsoft and Linux Operating systems.
- Ability to travel.
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Products used to manage an enterprise operation.
- Ability to develop project management documentation.
- Ability to work without guidance.
- Has the ability to design a database to the third norm.
- Ability to write disaster recovery plans.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.