M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™ in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
- Analyze physical security system performance and recommend improvements
- Resolve complex system issues for physical security systems and networks
- Triage customer support calls, providing Tier 1 help desk support and Tier 2 escalation
- Communicate with customers, manufacturers, vendors and technical specialists
- Train system users and other system support personnel
- Analyze and modify preventive maintenance checklists for system changes
- Troubleshoot system performance issues and implement corrective actions
- Perform preventive maintenance actions including system back-ups, error log reviews, database size and integrity checks
- Organize and prepare detailed documentation of system performance, including service request records and analysis
- Perform desktop hardware and operating system set-up, imaging software loading, and antivirus updates
- Perform all duties with minimal direct supervision
- Requires two (2)+ years of experience programming/administrating Access Control Systems
- Requires four (4)+ years of experience with installation, troubleshooting and testing of security electronics equipment
- Requires system administrator experience in performing triage on system problems, resolving the system problems, analyzing system data to prevent problems, and implementing new workstations and system extensions
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or HS diploma/GED coupled with three (3) additional years of SA experience
- Requires reliable attendance at customer site during work hours required by customer
- Requires the ability to work flexible shifts that include nights and one weekend day
- Requires minimal travel
- An additional three (3) years of electronics installation and/or maintenance activities
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to obtain and maintain a minimum secret level clearance
- Certification in CCure 9000 Access Control System
- Certification in DVTel Digital Video Systems
- Experience programming/administrating Digital Video Systems
- Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Server 2008 experience
- Dell Storage Area Networks, Brocade and Cisco network equipment
- Symantec Netbackup software
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Install and load system operating software
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.