Come join our global team of dedicated professionals who through their extraordinary efforts demonstrate every day their commitment to our mission of improving the lives of patients. At Orthofix our culture is built around Integrity and the core beliefs we live by: Exceed Expectations, Work Together, Be Respectful, Get Lean and Have Fun! As an Orthofix employee, you will become an integral part of our culture by continually demonstrating the highest level of integrity and our beliefs while making an impact to our vision “To be a highly respected global orthopedic and spine company that delivers exceptional value to our patients, customers, team members, partners and shareholders."
Network Systems Administrator
How you'll make a difference?
Provides support for enterprise level servers, data storage, and networks in the corporate office and shared global data center. As a member of a team, this position will assist in high level resolution of end user requests. This position is responsible for providing controls around backups, system patching, support for new corporate subsidiaries, and maintenance of critical processes. Reports to the Director of Technology Systems.
What will be your Duties and Responsibilities?
- Maintain network, diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems on the network.
- Monitor and make recommendations regarding network performance.
- Maintain servers including hardware and O/S issues.
- Maintain backups on enterprise systems (including ERP, data warehouses, email and application servers).
- Document and publish all network and system configurations.
- Develop and support proactive monitors for systems and application servers.
- Manage projects related to infrastructure and customer requests.
- Work with users in identifying and resolving issues in business applications.
- Perform audits and tests on internal systems to ensure that all is performing optimally.
- Support the Database Administrators with Linux support, disk support, and local networking.
- Proactively establish effective relationships and support others in achieving high performance.
- Coordinate with other I.T. department team members in resolving issues to the customer's satisfaction.
- Accept and carry out responsibility for direction, control, and planning of their essential job responsibilities.
- Provide excellent customer service.
What skills you'll need?
- Experience with LAN and WAN network administration concepts and techniques.
- In depth experience in Microsoft Server and Linux administration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, 2013 or 2016.
- Experience with enterprise version of Backup software.
- 2-3 years’ experience in enterprise level hardware and software including Cisco switches, VMWare, Citrix, NetApp, UCS.
- Knowledge in VOIP phone systems and mobile technology.
- Strong wireless network knowledge.
- Experience in server and network monitoring tools.
- Must have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures.
- This position requires a proactive, problem-solving individual who is able to manage a varied workload with constantly changing priorities.
- Individual must be detail oriented, accurate, well organized and able to work effectively under pressure.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills by demonstrating the ability to develop and maintain positive
- rapport with a diverse employee/customer population.
- Training and mentoring of junior technicians, working in a team environment.
- Must be able to meet expectations of the position with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Regular attendance required.
- On-call after hours and on weekends for server and network support is required.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly organized.
- Presenting project updates, training and new ideas to audiences.
- SOX audit experience is a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk and use business equipment daily such as P.C., copier, fax, telephone, etc.; occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 35 lbs.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
Orthofix complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Orthofix makes its employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Orthofix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.