Come join our global team of dedicated professionals who through their extraordinary efforts demonstrate every day their commitment to our mission of improving the lives of patients. At Orthofix our culture is built around Integrity and the core beliefs we live by: Exceed Expectations, Work Together, Be Respectful, Get Lean and Have Fun! As an Orthofix employee, you will become an integral part of our culture by continually demonstrating the highest level of integrity and our beliefs while making an impact to our vision “To be a highly respected global orthopedic and spine company that delivers exceptional value to our patients, customers, team members, partners and shareholders."
How you'll make a difference?
Under general supervision, installs, configures, administers, monitors, troubleshoots, supports, and optimizes servers, operating systems, and related components in support of large-scale, enterprise-wide applications and services.
What will be your Duties and Responsibilities?
- Provides physical and virtual server installation, management, and monitoring of hardware, software, and related components for district wide, server-based applications in support of large-scale, enterprise-wide services of high-risk/impact systems.
- Conducts problem analysis of applications, hardware, and related components to include troubleshooting of operating systems, general networking diagnostics, communication peripherals, and system interfaces.
- Administers and monitors system security configurations and procedures to ensure only authorized access.
- Maintains competency in related application server operating systems and technologies such as Windows.
- Maintains technologies such as directory services, naming services, operating system and/or third-party clusters, anti-virus, backup systems, and Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Ensures that system backups are scheduled, monitored, secured, and archived to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Works with vendors, process/application owners, and other technical staff in support of applications running on server environments.
- Prepares and maintains flowcharts, system diagrams, documentation, procedures, run books, etc., to illustrate and communicate system and application landscapes.
- Develops test plans for system validation when system changes are made to ensure applications work as intended and meet customer needs.
- Follows change control procedures.
- Monitors, analyzes, and reviews systems and processes and makes recommendations that will increase application operating efficiency and promote an environment of customer cooperation and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with end users/customers, visitors, and the executive staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment
- Enthusiastically promotes Orthofix’ goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, records and company information.
- Has access to any and all documents contained on Orthofix’ servers and individual office personal computers. This includes highly confidential documents relating to individual employee private information, confidential departmental documents, including collective bargaining negotiations. Maintains strict confidentiality of all document contents on any company server or personal computer.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis
- At times may be required to work outside normal business hours and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position. Taking after hours support calls is mandatory to ensure uptime of the company processes and servers.
What skills you'll need?
- Associate’s Degree in computer technology or a closely related field; AND three (3) years of progressively responsible experience providing server administration of medium to large, mission-critical, multi-user applications, (i.e., user populations greater than 300).; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources.
- Enterprise computing systems, operations, and capabilities.
- Server hardware platforms, processor technologies, and operating systems.
- Storage and operating system virtualization.
- Thorough knowledge of RAID technology.
- Protocols and technologies such as Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Secure Shell File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), Virtual Private Networking (VPN), Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), Microsoft Management Console (MMC), and Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN).
- Basic accounting, statistical, business, administrative, and office processes.
- Basic compliance policies and procedures and adherence to all set forth at Orthofix.
- IT access policies, and data security protocols.
- Analysis of processes, systems, and problems in order to understand the issue and find and determine a solution.
- Reading and interpreting complex manuals and instructions.
- Use of technical tools to test and debug systems.
- Preparing clear and concise documentation, procedures, reports, and other written materials.
- Exercising independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Meeting deadlines and work in an environment where priorities change frequently.
- Contributing to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit’s service to customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Maintaining knowledge of current technology and new computer user applications.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- IT experience within the healthcare industry.
- Strong ability to understand and convey complex business and technical information precisely, accurately, and clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Mature demeanor exhibiting poise, confidence, and strong leadership skills.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to learn new business concepts and technology quickly.
- Ability to take on-call during the off hours, nights, weekends and holidays to support the server infrastructure.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk and use business equipment daily such as P.C., copier, fax, telephone, etc.; occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 20 lbs.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
Orthofix complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Orthofix makes its employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Orthofix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.