If you are interested please send your most recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apex systems is seeking a highly skilled Technical SCADA Systems Support Engineer for a fortune 500 company located in Beachwood, OH. The Systems Support Engineer will be a subject matter expert on SCADA systems, IT System domains such as, Group Policy, AD, Domains and virtual servers. You will be a Systems SME for a team of 18 engineers that provide support to customers and end users where the industrial product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature. The ideal candidate will have strong IT Systems experience along with the desire to learn industrial automation for HMI’s, PLCs, hardware and/or applications. This is an exciting opportunity for someone that understands IT Systems, change control and enjoys problem solving. If interested please apply directly to this posting.
Title: Systems Administrator (SCADA Systems)
Location: Beachwood, OH
Length: 12 month contract to Hire
- Proficiency in VMWare administration and Microsoft Server Administration
- Strong technical knowledge of IT domains and group policy
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing vulnerability management tools
- Demonstrated experience in patching servers to ensure security
- Proficiency in Active Directory administration, including GPO (Group Policy Object) &
- Proficiency in Web and Email Gateways, Spam Filters, Proxies, DNS, DHCP, and Certificates.
- Ability to remotely monitor, support and troubleshoot systems.
- SCADA Systems
- WonderWare software, FactoryTalk, Step7 or similar experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, EE or similar. (required)
- Administer Microsoft Server & Virtual infrastructure, performing patches, performing vulnerability management, upgrades, etc.
- Train internal engineers and assist with user accounts in Active Directory, utilizing Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Support IT Infrastructure operations including troubleshooting and maintenance of servers, networks, and systems as required.
- Learn how to support external customer on motion control systems, HMI, PLC and hardware.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance remotely via telephone, chat and email, on products to field service personnel, distributors, integrators, and customers.
- Work with other engineers, manage multiple issues with changing priorities and deal with high-pressure situations successfully.
- Document all actions taken in the appropriate systems, set expectations with customers and follow-up on an action item or activity needed to resolve.
- Accurate documentation of solutions to commonly experienced problems, workarounds, etc.
Nice to Have:
- ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services)
- SCADA experience
- HMI, PLC and/or industrial automation experience
- Proficiency in Skype 4 Business
- Proficiency in MS Exchange
- Ability to document complex problem resolution summaries and repetitive tasks
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178