System Analyst—Slack Integrator & Administrator
Arizona State University
IT Service Transformation
Depends on experience
The Slack Integrator & Administrator is located at the Polytech campus and is responsible for improving adoption, maturity, and operational excellence of the Slack Enterprise Grid platform in the University Technology Office (UTO) and Arizona State University environment. This role will work with the IT Service Transformation team to design, develop, and implement technical solutions that leverage integrations of existing software stacks, industry best practices, and emerging standards to advance the mission and vision of the UTO and ASU.
- Implement and support integrations between Slack and other enterprise tools
• Coordinate with other UTO team members and IT professionals across the university to ensure optimal use and efficiency of processes and technologies
• Establish and maintain effective communications with customers and other IT professionals
• Configure, customize, script, and develop on the Slack platform
• Document code, technology, processes, and procedures
• Gather feature requests from customers and potential customers, write user stories to respond to requests as appropriate, and groom product backlog
• Document and maintain policies and procedures for Slack and other enterprise products
• Load, transform, and maintain data between Slack and other systems
• Perform system and integration testing with sample and live data
• Create views and reports as needed to illustrate Slack performance and demonstrate business value
• Monitor health, usage, and performance of Slack; serve as point of contact for Slack technical support (within university and with vendors)
• Work with Slack and other vendors to analyze and resolve break/fix issues
• Respond to customer questions about Slack integrations, as well as developer questions about Slack integration tools and APIs
• Act as liaison between UTO internal teams and developers across ASU; communicating questions, in addition to coordinating updates, and changes as needed
• Use your technical expertise to guide and support our partners and developers with technical support regarding integrated services
Bachelor's degree in Computer Technology or related field AND two (2) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Six (6) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months experience.
- Evidence of experience operating Slack
• Evidence of self-directed efforts to improve technical skills
• Experience administering SaaS applications
• Experience configuring and maintaining webhooks
• Evidence of relevant industry certifications (ITIL, Scrum, DevOps, Lean IT, etc.)
• Experience in the management and administration of production integrations on/with the Slack platform
• Experience reporting on the delivery of information technology services
• Work experience in a higher education environment
• Experience with the ServiceNow platform
• Experience with Office 365
• Experience with Zoom
- Use PC, sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Walk moderate distances to perform work
• Use hand/fingers for repetitive motion (keyboarding/typing)
• Communicate both orally and in writing to perform essential duties
• Make regular presentations to technical and non-technical audiences
• Read/interpret written and oral instructions/directions
The mission of the University Technology Office is to provide technology leadership for the New American University. The UTO helps ASU create and maintain innovative technology solutions and services that advance learning and discovery at the University. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Arizona State University is committed to providing safety and security resources and information for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), ASU publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which includes safety and security policies and procedures, crime and fire prevention information, crime and fire statistics, and numerous resources for current and prospective students and employees. To access the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report online, visit https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf . A hard copy of this report may be obtained, free of charge, by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456 or by visiting the ASU Police Department at 325 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona, during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply, please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs under Careers at ASU, click “External Staff” and enter ReqID#49566BRor go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=3741373_5494