EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
EBSCO organization maintains and enhances a suite of diverse systems involved in every stage of digital book publishing from production to content delivery. Technologies include Java and Node.js, as well as relational and NoSQL databases, and a number of mobile apps on both iOS and Android. The organization is geographically diverse, with groups of teams in multiple locations around the US. Travel for team meetings may be required up to 4-6 times a year.
The System Architect on the Enterprise Platform Engineering group has technical responsibility for developing and leading strategic infrastructure projects and platform enablers that transform business and improves developer agility. The System Architect interfaces with business stakeholders, cross functional teams, customers and suppliers to participate in the definition of the higher-level functional and nonfunctional requirements, analyze technical trade-offs, determine the major components and define the interfaces and collaborations between them. They also validate technology assumptions and evaluate alternatives. The System Architect serves as the primary architectural coach for a domain (in this case Platform Architecture) across teams on multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs), ensuring that team-led design runs in sync with the product/solution architecture and underlying platform architecture.
- Participate in planning, definition and high-level design of the solution
- Work directly with agile teams to implement solutions
- Own designs and design artifacts
- Define subsystems and their interfaces; allocate responsibilities to subsystems; understand solution deployment
- Work with internal customers, stakeholders, and suppliers to establish high-level solution intent
- Participate in quarterly high-intensity company-wide planning exercises
- Interact regularly with business stakeholders about features under development
- Plan and develop architecture, proofs of concept, and architectural runway in support of upcoming business Features/Capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field of study, or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in compute infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers), and architecting/developing/maintaining cloud solutions in virtualized environments
- 8+ years of experience in one or more of the following: DevOps, Security, Compute/Storage, Kubernetes, or SRE
- 5+ years of experience with SOA/REST/Microservices concepts
- Diverse background in areas like architecture design, distributed systems, infrastructure migration, and deployment strategies
- Deep understanding of cloud native design principles and cloud-based solutions
- Deep understanding of cloud native design
- Experience and or expertise in cloud-based solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and experience applying enterprise patterns to solving business problems
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals
- Experience with application development concepts and technologies (e.g. CI/CD, Java, Python, Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Experience with Virtualization, Networking, and Storage technology
Under direct supervision, contributes to the strategic and technical direction of the EBSCO data infrastructure. Implement databases to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability. Uses the appropriate technology to achieve strategic objectives and manage various architectures. Follows standards for operations, programming and security. Works within engineering project teams. Contributes to multiple high profile projects at a time. Years of Experience: 5-8
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment:Architecture, Engineer, Information Systems, Developer, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology