PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR Silicon Valley Innovation Center
The new PACCAR Silicon Valley Innovation Center, located in Sunnyvale California, will focus on identifying and advancing emerging technology research and development for all of PACCAR’s businesses.
The PACCAR Silicon Valley Innovation Center is looking for an ambitious and self-directed System Controls Engineer. If you have a proven track record of excellence, we are looking for you!
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Evaluate and troubleshoot various vehicle control systems.
- Design control systems and prepare drawings, specifications, and scopes of work.
- Write new or modify existing controls logic and make system hardware recommendations to resolve operation problems, and prototype new hardware/software solutions.
- Document and maintain revisions to existing automated systems and maintain appropriate PLC and computer software/hardware information.
- Support and assist Maintenance personnel in troubleshooting, testing, modifying, and installing electrical equipment and control systems.
- Keep abreast of emerging industry trends in the field of commercial vehicle electrical development and technology.
- Manage processes to maintain schedule, budget, and functionality.
- Lead Proof of Concept Projects in Additive Manufacturing, including part design, equipment setup, and operation.
- Lead Proof of Concept Projects in Vehicle Manufacturing.
- Mange proof of concept build; timing, resources, and overall budget
- Concept development and packaging/space claim studies of Class-8 truck components/systems
- Conduct significant interaction with Peterbilt, Kenworth, and DAF Design
teams to deliver common, cost-efficient solutions PACCAR-wide
- Manage concepts through the Technology Readiness Level (TRL) process by applying
knowledge of design, materials, and manufacturing processes
- Prepare engineering activity status reports and other detailed reporting as directed
- Keep abreast of emerging industry trends in the field of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, and Manufacturing Processes.
Qualifications & Skills
- BSEE or equivalent Technical degree, MSEE preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related experience.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in programming various control logic.
- Must show a strong aptitude with computers and learning new systems.
- Familiarity and skill in utilizing current industry hardware and electronic components.
- Manage multiple projects with the flexibility of adapting to changing priorities.
- Must be willing to work independently.
- Must be effective and comfortable in team oriented environment.
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally and results orientation.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.