Apex Systems, nation’s 2nd largest Tech staffing firm, has an opportunity for a System Cyber Security Engineer for a DOD Client of ours in Lexington MA!
This is a 1 year+ long W2 contract with benefits options and a flexible pay rate dependent upon candidate’s experience level.
For applicants who are interested in this System Cyber Security Engineer opportunity; please send a Word resume to Andrew Morris, Technical Recruiter, email@example.com
Position Scope/Job Functions
The Information Integration and Decision Support Group is seeking two (2) Information System Cyber Security Engineer to help design, implement, and test all security aspects of the hardware and software developed and deployed by group 93 in support of Government users. The Cyber Security Engineer will serve as the security architect/engineer integrated into larger engineering team. Tasks performed by this position include:
Inspections and Compliance
- Develops Certification Test and Evaluation procedures to support accreditation and self-inspection efforts
- Provides and implements technical solutions to meet required security postures based on industry best practice and JSIG guidance
- Designs and implements continuous monitoring solutions to conduct vulnerability scanning, assesses vulnerabilities & makes recommendations/corrections after determining best measure to mitigate threat
- Assists ISSM in developing improvement plans to counter adverse trends
- Implements ICD/JSIG RMF standards to meet the mandated security posture
Security Integration/Systems Administration
- Implements automated processes for software patching/antivirus updates/data backups to all systems in accordance with the SSP
- Develops and applies security lockdown policies to operating systems including Windows and Red Hat Linux
- Configures Active Directory, Group Policy, backup and recovery, and domain configuration to meet NIST 800-53 control requirements
- Participates in the security development and maintenance of networks to throughout the RMF process to meet customer and sponsor needs
- Develops and maintains formal IT Security Plan with designated security manager
- Assist System Administrators and Information System Security Officers in the remediation of vulnerabilities
4. Skills: Required
- In depth knowledge of configuring operating systems such as Red Hat Linux, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 Technical experience securing and operating virtualization technologies such as VMWare VMware vSphere ESXi 6.0 or newer Current Top Secret Clearance Working experience directly related to certification and authorization using the following:
- NIST 800-53 / Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG)
- Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503
- National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) Chapter 8
- Joint Air Force, Army, Navy (JAFAN) 6/3
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or similar course of study OR combination of education and experience
- 5 - 7 years of IT Security experience in DoD Industrial Security is desired, preferably in a compartmented program environment.
- DoD 8570 1AM Level I (Security+) Baseline Certification and an operating system certification (Linux/Windows)
- Experience using vulnerability scanning tools such as ACAS, SCAP, RETINA, WASP, SECSCN
- Experience implementing an audit reduction tool such as Splunk.
- Experience using endpoint security products and McAfee ePolicy Orchestration tools
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178