Odyssey is supporting our customer in developing an advanced optical space surveillance network to support critical national needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
A system development software engineer is needed to lead the development of a distributed space surveillance telescope network. Work will involve participating in the design, planning, development, implementation, and testing of real-time and near-real-time system software that support national-level data collection campaigns for the Department of Defense.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
• Ph.D. plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience
• Candidate must have experience leading clean-sheet architecture and development of complex systems software from high-level requirements.
• Experience in developing REST web services in Python and/or C++.
• Experience with programming user applications on Linux and Windows.
• Candidate should be familiar with simple image processing techniques.
• Candidate must be motivated and capable of working with little management direction.
• Must possess strong communications skills and be able to report results effectively.
• Active Secret Clearance
• Familiarity with control theory, astrodynamics, image processing and/or detection theory are desired but not required.
• Experience with agile software engineering methodology, such as scrum.
• Knowledge of MATLAB helpful.
• Experience with containerization technology, such as docker highly beneficial.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off