The Space Systems Analysis & Test Group identifies and evaluates threats to U.S. use of space for military, intelligence, civil, and commercial purposes. In addition, the Group investigates and develops techniques to specify and mitigate space environment effects on command, control, communication, and intelligence systems. Odyssey Systems is in need of a system development software engineer to participate in the analysis of existing and future space-related systems through modeling and simulation of system performance; development, enhancement, and validation of space weather and effects models; and analysis of data related to space environment effects
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Domains: Software/application design, development, and support; coder; web interface; graphic design; system configuration management; system troubleshooting.
• Design, develop, and support technical programs utilizing modern software engineering techniques, programming tools, and support processes for Laboratory program managers and technical staff.
• Participate in defining, describing and implementing program deliverables/functionalities.
• Evaluate and propose the use of open source and commercial software, frameworks, and tools where applicable.
• Participate in the on-line gathering, reduction, and analysis of data to validate model performance.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active secret clearance
• BS + 1 yr, Associates + 3 yrs, or Tech. School Cert. + 3 yrs min experience
• Software/applications: MATLAB, Fortran, C/C++, Linux
• Hardware: PCs and Linux servers.
• Developing, debugging, and executing software in a Windows and Linux environment.
• Specifying, developing, and verifying models and simulations.
• Strong knowledge and experience in space weather and numerical modeling.
• Experience validating model performance with space environment data.
• Ability to communicate well, work with a team and support quick-turn analysis
• Active secret clearance
• Experience with software configuration management.
• Formal software development processes, software architecture, and VV&A processes, including for example CMMI and DoD VV&A.
• Experience with ionospheric and radiation belt models.
• Experience porting software to large computational grids
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.