Join Aspirus, as our new Director of Facilities Planning & Construction Management (FPCM)!
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Our System Director of FPCM is accountable for the effective design of all of the facilities and grounds throughout the Aspirus System. This is accomplished through FPCM project managers reporting through to the System Director, including the buildings and grounds of Aspirus buildings and partnership facilities Aspirus may be involved in. These responsibilities will be focused around:
- Long Range Facility Planning
- Land and/or Buildings (Property) Acquisition & Evaluations
- Capital Budgets & Facility Project Planning
- Contract Management
- Construction Project Management/Integration
- System Sustainability
- Legal & Lease Agreement Accountabilities
- Space Planning
- Life Safety Compliance
- Emergency Prepardiness
- Department Leadership
- System-Wide Permit Management
- Minimum of ten years' progressively responsible experience in facilities planning and construction management management. Minimum of five years of leadership experience preferred.
- Knowledge of building standards and management practices normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- Healthcare experience required.
- Experience with emergency preparedness desired but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and facilitation skills are essential.
- Professional certification in healthcare facilities engineering preferred.
AAsAspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 85,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing.