Noblis is helping FAA manage large and complex telecommunications and information management programs that use state of the art technologies to deliver enterprise infrastructure services essential to the safe and efficient operation of the largest, safest, and most complex aviation system in the world. We are seeking smart, passionate, and motivated people to join our proven team in a challenging and rewarding work environment where you will be actively engaged at the intersection of technology and operations enhancing our nation’s aviation system. If you want to be involved in acquiring, implementing, and managing the communications and information solutions to achieve our nation’s aviation vision, this is the job for you!
The Systems Engineer for Identity and Access Management applies comprehensive system engineering principles to support the investigation, analysis, planning, design, development, implementation, testing, and evaluation of NAS equipment and procedures for current and future IAM capabilities. This includes PKI, certificate and identity management, and enterprise authorization. Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analysis reports, and other technical and safety documentation. May analyze, design, develop, implement and test software related to engineering or functional requirements of NAS and associated support systems. Drafts system/safety project plans, justifications, guidelines, and controls. Recommends development and design changes to improve quality of products and/or procedures. Provides expertise in the transition of legacy systems to modernized systems. Systems engineers with appropriate expertise will support all aspects of FAA safety management activities involving measures to mitigate hazards or reduce risks to an acceptable level, verification that mitigation measures are incorporated into product design and implementation, and assessment of residual risk and any other safety related activities. Develop and maintain Ansible system deployment scripts using Git. Hardware used includes F5 network switches and SafeNet HSM (Hardware Security Module). Work on design, development, test, and deployment of Attribute Based Access Control (ABAC) system.
Work Location: William J. Hughes Technical Center, Atlantic City, NJ
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the ongoing design, development, deployment, and maintenance, including:
- Requirements analysis and development
- Work in an Agile environment to perform systems and software design, development, test, and deployment for IAM Phase 2 and beyond
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to other existing and emerging programs within the FAA
- Review and develop documentation to include, but not limited to: requirements documents, interface description documents, training material, technical instruction material, maintenance plans
- Participate in TIMs
- Prepare and review program technical documentation
- Bachelor's degree in EE, Computer Science, or related field and 9 years of experience
- Experience with requirements definition
- Experience workign in an Agile and/or DevOps development environment
- Experience in the use of Git, SVN, and/or other configuration management software
- Strong communication capabilities, both verbal and written, for communication with clients, user communities, other organizations within and outside the FAA
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with PKI concepts and implementations
- Technical background, either as a systems engineer supporting SOA efforts, a software developer/engineer familiar with SOA concepts and technologies (web services, JMS, WSDL, SOAP, REST, XML, Service Registries, etc.), or as a software architect/enterprise architect
- Experience with supporting systems in the FAA NAS
- Experience with SWIM on-ramping support
- Experience with NIST standards related to identity and credential management
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.