- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to computer science or information technology or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in workstation or server administration
- 1 year of experience in systems engineering
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Scripting language knowledge
- Windows and Linux server knowledge
- Network knowledge (SAN/LAN)
- .NET development knowledge
The Systems Engineer is responsible for building and integrating server infrastructure as well as ensuring the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the information systems that support core organizational functions.
- Troubleshoot advanced operating systems and application issues and provide administration and support on Windows and Linux servers
- Install, support and configure systems or applications
- Provide support for identity and access management corporate infrastructure
- Create automation solutions
- Collaborate with developers and clients to develop solutions using Windows Server technology
- Provide tier three support for help desk personnel
- Administer server backup and recovery
- Partner with the business and other technology teams to develop and support new technologies
- Manage tools and systems that make our team members productive
- Understand and identify business processes and opportunities for technology value creation
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D. Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past 10 consecutive years, 2010 – 2019. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for 6 consecutive years, 2014 through 2019, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last 5 years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top 30 for the past 15 years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.