Are you interested in the field of Personal Identity Protection and Biometric Identification? Ever wonder WHY we have layers of security in a license or ID card? Looking to hone your skills in the field of Computer Engineering while gaining a wide range of knowledge and experience in the development life cycle?
At Idemia USA, students will work alongside various teams at different stages of the life cycle of our Identity and Biometrics Products that are used to create your license or ID card. From designing to development to testing to deployment and maintenance, wherever a student's interests or specialties are, there is a place to excel here at Idemia!
Here at Idemia, whatever your interest is, there is an opportunity to contribute and learn as well as get exposed to a side of computer engineering that you haven't even thought of. You may work on creating, editing, and analyzing specifications and product documentation. You could get hands-on experience in the lab and know what it's like to be behind the desk at a DMV or other Motor Vehicle Agency by actually testing out the software and hardware both manually and automatically through scripting. Build out machines, and set up environments for the products to run from as well as troubleshoot network issues for connectivity between software and hardware applications. Opportunities may include working with Integration Engineering, QA, Development, and Systems Engineering.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Must be proficient with Windows as a desktop environment (7/XP)
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office tools as well as Windows system tools
- Familiarity with a basic understanding of networking, including firewalls, to achieve connectivity between computers
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to read test plans and perform testing on software/hardware
- Some programming experience (minimum 1 semester of a programming language)
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong communication skills
- One of the following languages
- Co-op student should be willing and able to provide his/her engineering expertise while participating in the planning, development, testing, and deployment of complex systems
- Desire to be flexible and work with different groups on varying projects
- Student should be able to work with a team and take direction from senior engineers regarding direction and instructions
- Ability to multitask and prioritize time accordingly
- Ability to interact with people professionally in an office setting
- Ability to communicate results and grasp the basic technology involved in our products and systems
- Must be inquisitive and hardworking, with a true desire to learn and contribute to our systems and products
- Interest in new technologies
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Minimal travel may be required
Able to travel to our office in Billerica each working day
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.