This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. LCMC Health reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
The LCMC Health System Manager of Employee Health Services will provide clinical and administrative oversight for all occupational health and wellness programs and services provided to LCMC Health employees and non-employees who work, volunteer, and/or study at an LCMC Health facility. Core performance competencies include - supporting operational efficiency; assuring clinical quality for employee health programs and services; developing programs to address organizational health issues; developing and refining worksite health policies; engaging in strategic planning to meet LCMC Health’s operational needs.
Minimum: Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN), Public Health or a related field
Preferred: Master’s degree or PhD in Nursing, Public Health
Minimum: Five (5) of progressively responsible nursing and management experience, primarily in med/surg, nursing education, and/or occupational health.
Preferred: Experience in a human resources shared-services model, multi-site health system
Minimum: Registered Nurse licensed to practice in The State of Louisiana
Preferred: MSN, APN, DNP; certification in Occupational or Public Health.
- Clinical excellence and sound knowledge of employee wellness, occupational health science, industry and regulatory requirements.
- Strong communication skills – reading, active listening, writing, speaking.
- Adaptive and/or resilient to change; responding and performing as a skilled change agent.
- Innovative, critical thinker for continuous process improvement – inclusive of complex problem solving, operations analysis, active learning and facilitator of learning strategies.
- Collaborative leadership style to fully engage others to inspire optimal performance and teamwork – coordination, persuasion, negotiation, instructing, service orientation, sound judgement and decision making.
- Capable of building strong relationships across the organization and within the community to achieve business goals via active learning, knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Possess and continuously develop technical skills to demonstrate competency in systems analysis and systems evaluation; determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes and require the need for systems’ performance improvement.
- Skilled in operational analysis by demonstrating when to conduct a needs and product assessment and apply requirements to create a design.
- Effectively manage time, financial, material, and personnel resources by monitoring productivity of staff, self, resource mapping and allocation, upkeep and optimal functionality of tools and resources, and engagement of department talent via development opportunities for current and career interests.
- Community Safety and Security—knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and health organizations.
- Employment Regulations —knowledge of local, state, and federal guidelines as applicable to employment law and operational procedures.
- Human ResourcesManagement —knowledge of principles and procedures for staff recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and human capital information systems.
- System and Department Operational Leadership
- Provides strategic system leadership and operational oversight for LCMC Health Employee Health Services. In conjunction with system and hospital executive teams, develops and implements strategic plans and annual operating goals consistent with the strategic direction, objectives, and policies of LCMC Health. Prepares activity reports to inform leadership of the status and implementation plans of Employee Health programs, services, and quality initiatives. Manages change in integrated health care delivery systems, such as work restructuring, technological innovations, and shifts in the focus of care.
- Technology and Systems Administration
- Assures collection, monitoring and reporting of data and health information practices to assure proper custodianship of employee health records and trends analysis as well as all required regulatory reporting. Coordinates and engages vendors to provide systems updates and training to applicable LCMC Health Staff. Develops and maintains automated record management systems to store and process data, such as personnel activities and information, and to produce reports as requested and required of LCMC Health Leadership.
- Performance Optimization and Compliance
- Assist in the performance evaluation of LCMC Employee Health Services through quarterly audits as well as the development and ongoing distribution of the Employee Health scorecard. Communicates best practices and performance improvement recommendations as applicable, and monitors development and notable competency enhancements. Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, OSHA requirements and LCMC Health policies. Develops and maintains standard clinical treatment protocols and equipment/supplies to support approved care standards for LCMC Health employees.
- Department Leadership – Staff Engagement and Development
- Responsible for providing support and guidance for proper administrative, operational, and clinical training of staff with direction and support from the AVP of Talent Acquisition and/or assigned Medical Leadership Resource. Provides direction and counsel for clinical issues that may arise and consultation with the appropriate clinical resource. Directs, supervises and evaluates work activities of clinical, technical, clerical, service, maintenance, and other personnel. Direct or conduct recruitment, hiring, and training of employees. Establish work schedules and assignments for staff, according to location, workload, space, and equipment availability. Monitor and develop strategies to meet and/or attain department benchmark for employee engagement.
- Budget Management
- Conduct and administers fiscal operations, including accounting, planning budgets, authorizing expenditures, establishing rates for services, and coordinating financial reporting.
LCMC Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.