Santa Barbara Infrared, Inc. (SBIR) is a very successful, fast-paced subsidiary of HEICO Corporation, (NYSE: HEI, HEI.A). For more than 50 years, HEICO has thrived by serving segments of the aerospace, defense, and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. Forbes Magazine has ranked HEICO as one of the 200 "Best Small Companies" and 200 "Hot Shot Stocks".
Santa Barbara Infrared, Inc. designs and manufactures the most technologically advanced Infrared (IR) and Electro-Optical (E-O) test instrumentation. SBIR's broad line of innovative products support testing of military and commercial sensor systems for world-wide use in laboratory, production, depot and field test applications. SBIR's high-energy, dynamic culture focuses our Team Members' on providing quality products and services to our customers. We provide highly integrated, well-engineered, cost effective hardware and software solutions to the E-O community. In doing so, SBIR has become the preferred supplier to major domestic and international manufacturers of commercial and military E-O sensors and systems.
Santa Barbara Infrared, Inc. is currently recruiting for the position of System/Sales Support Engineer. The System/Sales Support Engineer will report to the systems engineering department and provide a technical support to sales efforts. This position will be responsible for supporting the SBIR sales team with non-standard or custom product quote opportunities. Sales at SBIR are primarily application based and engineering support requires a knowledge of physics and how these concepts relate to testing of visible and infrared cameras, as well as laser rangefinder devices. This dual-role job also includes engineering support of the production factory. The job will require learning a wide range to Electro-Optical test hardware and methods. Prime candidate will be capable of working well independently to meet a timeline when assigned a task.
- Prepare custom product quotations and proposals in response to customer requests
- Field incoming customer inquiries for quotes via phone and email
- Interpret customer requirements onto systems engineering staff to help develop product specifications, system descriptions and proposals. Determine requirements for electro-optical test systems (including requirements flow-down to lower-level assemblies and components) and create compliance verification matrices.
- Develop and perform test procedures to ensure system meets performance requirements
- Perform routine optical tests on systems, including alignment and validation using standard lab optical equipment.
- Troubleshoot and test electrical systems, including first-build validation and failed systems.
- Support systems engineering department with new product development
- Support production team as required with optical alignments or other production related issues brought to systems engineering department's attention
- Present technical information to clients to demonstrate how our products meet our client needs.
- Work with Program Management to provide technical input to schedules and proper estimates-to-complete. Validate that programs are on schedule and in budget
- Attend occasional customer site visits, conferences or tradeshows
JOB SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in physical science or engineering
- Three to five years of relevant technical experience
- Strong reasoning ability to define a problem, collect pertinent data and help draw valid conclusions to find a solution to a customer's problem
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well independently while managing various tasks simultaneously and when assigned a task, able to meet requested deadlines
- Knowledge of EO sensors, applications and testing
- Basic understanding of optics and detector technology
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Zemax, Solidworks experience desired
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled