Windows Systems Administrator
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Workforce Solutions organization, has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Systems Administrator role for one of the largest Financial firms in Columbus, Ohio. This opportunity is for a 3 Month Contract to Hire.
Applicants must have 4+ years of Systems Administration and Engineering experience in an enterprise level environment. If you’d like to receive Job Alerts from Apex that match your specific criteria, visit itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com.
Company & Group Details of the Windows Systems Administrator:
- The Windows Administrator will work as part of a collaborative team in a fast paced enterprise environment.
- The individual will need to be able to troubleshoot high level issues, have a self-starter mentality while being able to be a team player, and a willingness to learn and utilize new technologies.
- Work for one of the region’s Top Financial Firms.
The organization offers several perks including but not limited to: training opportunities, great benefits, an onsite café and Starbucks, heavily involved with the community and philanthropy.
Requirements for Windows Systems Administrator:
- Will provide administration, monitoring, troubleshooting, and problem resolution for Microsoft Windows Server environments.
- Conducts basic troubleshooting using pre-existing knowledge base, documentation, and assigning priorities to incidents.
- Identify and validate vulnerability issues.
- Performs break/fix actions when applicable for hardware and software following documented procedures, and adhering to change control guidelines and polices.
Technologies and Skills for the Windows Systems Administrator:
- Education or equivalent – Bachelor’s degree preferred (Computer Science or Computer Information Systems).
- Windows Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, GPO’s, Microsoft clustering, and patching.
- Working with Windows Command Lines and GUI.
- Able to identify, validate and remedy Windows scripting issues.
- An understanding of Cisco products and networking protocols.
- Experience with roles based access in a Windows environment.
Potential Career Path from Position:
The NOC encourages career growth and movement within the Network, Security, Server and Middleware teams, depending on interest/skills. The shifts are also offered to current employees first but allows movement within shifts, once hired.
*Please note that as a contract employee of Apex Systems, you’d be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178