Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology Staffing organization, has an opening for a Systems Administrator to work with our Client in the Austin, TX area.
***Please send your resume to North Angle at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in learning more about this role.***
The Enterprise Technology Office is seeking a capable & experienced Systems Administrator to support the Proof-of-Concept & Exploratory Research Lab. As a member of the Concept Development team, this role is responsible for developing & managing a diverse lab environment that supports multiple Proof-of-Concept & Exploratory Research projects being done by the team.
Supporting these projects requires the implementation & discovery of new best practices in Deployment, Automation, Security, DDI, Systems Management, DevOps practices, Application Monitoring Metrics & Eventing, performance tuning, capacity planning & troubleshooting issues.
For this role an individual will be functioning as Systems engineer. There will be a large focus on Lynx and Windows software. Individuals will be working on low level triage of platforms and will need the ability to dig deep into this. An ideal candidate must have experience in a debugging environment and have the ability to keep things run, set up experiences and act as a manager for the environment.
- Performs day-to-day administrative, engineering & consulting tasks associated with our Linux, Windows, VMware, Docker & Kubernetes environments.
- Maintain & Grow Management & Automation tool integration with redfish, wsman, swordfish, ansible, SALT, etc.
- Builds & maintain an up-to-date OS & Container deployment infrastructure for prototype & production development.
- Maintains the VDI, DDI, User Management, & other core services.
- Maintains the intra-lab Network & SAN infrastructure in cooperation with upstream NetOps & Security teams.
- Provides performance tuning, support, maintenance & continuous improvement of team infrastructure.
- Brings mutli-platform knowledge to enable heterogeneous systems to integrate in the environment.
- Builds & deploys new core applications & services that provide enhanced functionality & usability to the environment.
- Supports the team in making sure existing & new Concepts & Research projects with unique qualities fit into the common environment.
- Helps coordinate Security & User Access requirements with Security, Network, & Infrastructure teams.
- Supports team created DevOps tools & workflows that span across multiple projects & ensure their long-term integration into the lab environment.
- Helps incorporate the requirements of Dell’s customers to improve blue prints for enterprise environments as part of these concepts. You are expected to work in a very dynamic environment.
- Works with infrastructure & operations teams on cross-lab initiatives, patching, & capacity planning.
- Works with team on lab resource monitoring & planning as well as forecasting activities.
- Maintain system & lab documentation for team member use & reference.
- Maintains & evangelizes the data protection requirements of core critical, & unique data generated by the team.
- Works with data, security, network & storage teams to implement & troubleshoot applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 5-10 years relevant experience; or equivalent relevant experience in the field.
- Experience with multiple of our core platforms of Linux, Windows Server, VMWare/vSphere/vCenter, Docker, Kubernetes, FreeBSD, strongly desired.
- Experience designing, implementing & maintaining security, authentication, authorization at Hadoop & database level
- Good experience in writing scripts & programs in POSIX Shell, PowerShell, Perl, Python, Java to support the environment.
- Experiencing managing & using SAN Storage solutions with FibreChannel, iSCSI & NVMe type interfaces.
- Must be comfortable working with both local & remote team members with a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, & projects.
- Good general Linux experience, understanding of shell, recognizing & debugging service, kernel, or performance issues etc.
- Experiencing with managing Windows Deployment Services in conjunction with a PXE environment.
- Experience with various monitoring tools such as; Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, SolarWinds, Sflow/Netflow are highly desirable.
- Experience with integrating common AI/ML frameworks in a shared resource environment.
- Experience in SSO & LDAP integration using Encryption, Kerberos
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178