Apex Systems, nation’s 2nd largest Tech staffing firm, has an opportunity for a Systems Administrator for a DOD Client of ours in Lexington MA!
This is a 1 year+ long W2 contract with PTO and Holiday pay, benefits options and a flexible pay rate dependent upon candidate’s experience level.
For applicants who are interested in this Systems Administrator opportunity; please send a Word resume to Andrew Morris, Technical Recruiter, email@example.com
Position Scope/Job Functions
The Systems Administrators will support a wide variety of information technology (IT) tasks across a diverse set of network and computer resources. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for contributing to the IT team?s efforts in maintaining and improving the research group?s computer resources and meeting government IT security requirements. The system administrator will need to develop creative technical solutions to complex IT problems. Qualified candidates must be able to expand and maintain computer hardware, software, and networks for a variety of operating systems and provide direct desktop support to ~40 users as part of a larger IT team.
• Provide general user support
• Procure needed computer systems, network hardware, software, etc.
• Install, configure, and manage Windows, Linux, and Mac desktops and servers, as well as network infrastructure
• Install and maintain all commercial software
• Regularly patch and perform backups for group computer systems
• Manage networks, file shares, virtual infrastructures and SAN/NAS environments
• Remediate vulnerabilities and maintain compliance with policies and procedures
• Coordinate with Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for all group Systems Security Plans
• Document IT procedures
• Represent the group as a team member for inter-organizational interactions such as infrastructure and security working groups
• Highly effective knowledge of one or more of the following:
• Microsoft Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Office Suites, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, MDT, DOS/PowerShell scripting
• Mac OS X administration in a JAMF Casper environment
• MasterLinux RHEL/CentOS 6/7
• Cisco & Juniper networking
• ESXi, VMware, VSPhere, NetApp and NAS/SAN?s is desired Splunk, ACAS, Spacewalk, Kickstart, Puppet and shell scripting
• Applicant must have highly effective verbal and written communication skills, proven experience working in a team environment, and the ability to complete assignments independently with minimal supervision
• Experience with research high performance and real-tome computing environments
• Experience with DoD IT security requirements and procedures, RMF & STIG
• Certification in one or more of the following: Security+, Comp Tia A+, Network+
• Must be a US Citizen
• Candidates must be US citizens that possess and maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance as a condition of employment.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178