Hours: Monday through Thursday 10:00 pm to 8:00 am
Astadia has built its reputation over the last three decades by providing the most innovative solutions in the area of Managed Services and Legacy Mainframe Modernization. Our solutions focus on providing our customers with the results necessary to improve their productivity and business performance while reducing their cost of operation. Our unique methodology, processes and best practices ensure these results for our clients. Continually striving to offer the highest customer service in the industry, we have gained esteem as the Mainframe to Cloud Experts.
Our team works as an extension of our client’s organizations to manage their resources on premise, in the cloud, or in a hybrid model. Our teams work either remotely, on client sites, or in either our Delivery Center or Tech Hub. At Astadia, our specialists’ partner with our clients helping them maximize the value of their IT investments. We look after their finances, providing them with a release from the burden of managing their IT. Our Analysts, Architects, and Technicians are flexible and thoughtful, providing tailored solutions for our client’s specific situations. Be ready to analyze the current and projected needs of our clients and develop solutions that fit their unique situation.
As a Systems Administrator, your primary responsibility will be to maintain the operational integrity and availability of existing server-based systems. You should also enjoy the challenge of designing and building new systems and services following accepted good practices. This is a customer-facing role, and as such you will be expected to provide above average customer service in all circumstances, with an ability to communicate technical concepts in terms business users will understand. Duties include monitoring & management of multiple clients, variable shifts, working in a team environment, communications with clients, vendors, monitoring cloud resources, and supporting data center system components and processes. Systems supported include Azure and AWS Compute services, Windows Servers and Workstations, and Linux servers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Installing, administering, and troubleshooting network, systems and cloud-based security solutions.
• Manage and maintain Microsoft Windows applications and systems including: Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 & 2019.
• Monitor and administer Azure and/or AWS Cloud resources.
• Maintain data integrity and system availability through a combination of data backups, server clustering, replication, and monitoring.
• Provide level 3 support for users as required.
• Build services that are well-documented and operationally sound.
KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize projects.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• An understanding of best practices and how to implement them at a business-wide level.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
• A strong understanding and knowledge of computer and network systems.
• Related experience with technologies that are required to deploy and manage Microsoft Server technologies is also required, such as proxy solutions, SAN systems, virtualization technologies, PowerShell, and various systems management and administration tools
• Experience with Active Directory, network services, and DNS.
• Experience managing and administering Office 365 and Intune is also desirable.
• Experience working in an environment that follows ITIL or other ITSM frameworks, and creating and delivering IT Services following ITIL best-practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 3 to 5 years experience in the Information Technology industry.
• An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred.
• Up to 10% monthly depending on location.
• This job works out of our Jacksonville facilities
• This job works remote / home-based, when allowed.
• Work on a client site is required.
CORPORATE CULTURE AND VALUES
Astadia’s foundation for our success is our corporate culture, based on our values and principles. These include the highest level of commitment to integrity, quality, performance and teamwork. These are not just words. We not only assess and evaluate all employees on performance, but on how they live up to our core values and principles. Astadia is committed to continual development of our employees that allows future growth and career advancement to provide the means for a long-term career. We need great people to do great things!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Disclaimer: This document describes the minimum, essential duties, responsibilities, skills, abilities, effort, and working conditions of the position. It in no way implies that these are the only functions to be performed by the incumbent. Workers are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any job-related functions requested by a supervisor or manager. Successful performance requires that the incumbent possess and utilize the abilities and skills described. All functions are subject to reasonable modification to accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some functions may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others.
ASTADIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS