Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,250 employees, BWXT has eleven (11) major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWXT is currently seeking an Application Administrator for its Lynchburg, VA location!
- Collaborates with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Assists in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Assists in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Researches, identifies, analyzes, and fulfills requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Conducts research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Recommends, schedules, and performs software improvements and upgrades.
- Coordinates with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Consistently writes, translates, and codes software programs and applications according to specifications and writes programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Designs, runs and monitors software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Generates statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Develops and maintains user manuals and guidelines.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an information technology related field is preferred.
- Must have at least six (6) years of related experience.
- Must have a thorough understanding of SharePoint Server and be proficient on the administration side.
- Experience with workflow technology, especially K2 is a plus.
- Experience administering and working with SQL Server, Office 365, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, Team Foundation Server and SAP is a plus.
- Must understand building SharePoint customizations using site definitions, custom content types, features and solution packages
- Understanding of Microsoft programming languages, including .NET Framework and ASP.NET
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues is required.
- Prior experience working with and supporting Finance & Accounting related systems is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Keen attention to detail is required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is required.
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
US Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required for this position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigationand must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.