Capstone Corporation is currently seeking a Systems Administrator to provide technical planning, design, development, testing, implementation, and management of new technology. The qualified candidate will also perform the technical administration and management of web sites and associated servers.
This position is located at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard in Portsmouth, VA.
- Manages IIS websites and performs server administration.
- Provides effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, monitoring, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Leverages Network Monitoring tools.
- Responds to requests from end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT system assistance, data and information.
- Manages system resources by monitoring of performance, capacity, availability, serviceability and recovery.
- Implements security procedures, CS assessment & authorization security controls in accordance with local and DOD procedures and requirements. Assesses security events and implements corrective actions.
- Provides IT support for current and emerging technologies.
- Executes PowerShell scripting.
- Performs Intranet / Extranet Web site systems optimization.
- Conducts technical planning, design, development, testing, implementation and management of new technology of web sites and web servers.
- Performs content / file management, site maintenance, database management, record archival and retrieval.
- Supports the development of functional and system requirements and specifications for new systems / technologies.
- Writes and maintains support documentation.
- Provides disaster recovery operations support.
Minimum education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology-related discipline, or four (4) years of equivalent, relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience related to the job responsibilities.
- Windows 2012 Server Administration.
- Web Server Management.
- Qualifying 8570 Baseline Certification for IAT Level II (e.g. CompTIA Security+)
- Operating System/Computing Environment training in one of the following (holding an MCSA will satisfy any of the requirements below):
- Windows Server 2008 (Recommended coursework - Microsoft 70-640 (Windows Server 2008 Active Directory), 70-642 (Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure), and 70-646 (Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator)); OR
- Windows Server 2012 (Recommended coursework - Microsoft 70-410 (Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012), 70-411 (Administering Windows Server 2012), and 70-412 (Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services)); OR
- Windows Server 2016 (Recommended coursework - Microsoft 70-740 (Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016), 70-741 (Networking with Windows Server 2016), and 70-742 (Identity with Windows Server 2016)).
- Secret clearance with SSBI.
- Experience with Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Server, WebLogic, VMware, ESXI Host, Cold Fusion, or SolarWinds.
- Preferred familiarity with VMware or other Virtual Environment platforms, TomCat, Apache, F5, Powershell or other scripting tools.
- Professional Development
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Performance bonus
- Vacation/paid time off
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Events
- Paid Holidays
- Work From Home
- Military Leave
- Paid sick days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Gym Memberships