Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries around the world.
Demonstrates expertise in a variety of systems administration concepts, practices, and procedures. Linux experience is needed. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of the organization's IT systems and applications. Leads and directs the work of others. Typically reports to department management or executive. May provide consultation on complex projects and be a top-level contributor/specialist in the department.
Must be an expert at problem solving, identifying risk, and communicating results and recommendations to department management. Assists in the installation, maintenance, and general support of IT systems. Identifies and resolves problems associated with operating systems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with server hardware/software and applications software. Detects, diagnoses, and reports related problems on both server, desktop, and mobile IT systems. Assists users with questions or issues related to accessing and using IT systems. Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backup and recovery procedures.
Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Performs system capacity analysis and planning, and optimizes system operation and resource utilization. Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that systems support the organization's business requirements and meet the needs of end users. Defines system requirements based on user/client needs, cost, scalability, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. We recognize systems administration support in areas where these capabilities may be gained through extensive on-the-job experience, specialized formal Government training, or institutional training and certification. On-the-job experience must be in specific IT fields.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a Master's degree and 4 years of experience or a Bachelor's degree with at least 6 years of experience; or an Associate's degree and 12 year's of experience. One year of experience can be substituted by 15 semester hours completed towards a Master's degree.
- The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties. Acceptable degree specialties include but are not limited to the following: Information Technology, Mathematics, Computer Networking, Cybersecurity, and various engineering and science disciplines.
- Requires a DoD 8570.01M IAT/IAM/IASAE Level III certification.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA):
- Windows Server 2012
- Linux Professional Institute Certification
- Certification - CCNA, JNCIA.
- Experience with Unified Capabilities Testing.
- Experience configuring Session Border Controllers (SBC) Oracle and or Sonus products.
- Experience configuring and utilizing IXIA network test tool(s)/hardware platforms.
Ability to provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) level support and plans of action to the government and government customers (Commercial Vendors).Understanding or familiar with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Network / Systems Administrator