The systems administrator will own the operation and maintenance of the infrastructure supporting the experimentation environment. The administrator will be responsible for deploying and managing the commercial cloud infrastructure in AWS and on-premise as required. Administrator will be responsible for provisioning new systems and ensuring systems are updated and patched as necessary. The administrator will also be responsible for configuring monitoring, metrics, and logging mechanisms to ensure compliance with Sponsor guidelines. The administrator will also be responsible for tracking and reporting resource utilization for budgeting purposes. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a variety of operating systems, to include Linux and Windows.
- Minimum three years of experience administering applications and infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with AWS networking concepts including VPCs, subnets, security groups, Internet gateway, etc.
- Proficiency administering modern Linux operating systems (e.g. CentOS 7, RHEL 7)
- Demonstrated experience with deployment automation solutions such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experience administering modern Windows operating system versions (e.g. Windows 10)
- AWS certification preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud security best practices
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.