Citizant is a leading provider of professional IT services to the U.S. government. We seek to address some of our countrys most pressing challenges in the areas of Agile application development, Enterprise Data Management, Enterprise Architecture, and Program Management support services focusing on the U.S. Departments of Homeland Security and Treasury. We strive to hire only ethical, smart, passionate, and committed A Players who already align with the companys core values: Drive, Excellence, Reputation, Responsibility, and a Better Future. No matter how large we grow, Citizant will retain its collaborative, supportive, small-company culture, where successful team effort to address external and internal customer challenges is valued above all individual contributions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performas a Tier 1 Helpdesk Technician and Tier 2 Systems Administrator in asmall team environment providing full IT support in a geographicallydispersed user community with <1500 users.
- Interactwith customers to define, log, and resolve issues and service requests
- Operate,maintain, and administer hardware and software on servers, workstations,encryption devices, and security devices
- Identify,respond to, troubleshoot and resolve system problems
- Maintainand respond to server and system events log (error/warning), and system notifications
- Providedaily and weekly reports of helpdesk activities i.e. server availability,status of open issues, ticket closure rates, workload distribution, etc.
- Troubleshootnetwork and system problems by responding to trouble calls, performingfault isolation, and restoring service
- Thecandidate will use tools which include ServiceNow; Microsoft SystemCenter Operations Manager (SCOM), Microsoft System Center ConfigurationManager (SCCM), Cisco Prime Infrastructure, and Solar winds.
The candidate must have 5 to 7 years of experience providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 level IT support, within which:
- 5years of experience working in a helpdesk environment providing usersupport including interfacing with users (phone, email, walk-in) for the initialassessment of service requests and incident triage, opening and assigningtickets, providing user follow up and reporting status to management.
- Minimum3-5 years of experience with Microsoft operating systems (Windows 7 and8, Windows Server 2008 and 2012);
- Minimum3-5 years of experience keeping IT equipment and IT services running,including troubleshooting and fixing IT enterprise issues such asoperating system, active directory, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, andhardware issues such as workstations, servers, and appliances;
- Minimum2-4 years of experience installing, deploying, and managing Microsoftenterprise services software such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and fileand print servers;
- Experienceproviding help desk support for IT customer support issues including VPN, encryption (BitLocker, Mobil Armor), IronKey, workstation deployment, andsmart phone deployment;
- Experiencemanaging or inventorying IT assets such as servers, workstations, routers, warranties, IronKeys, external hard drives, and printers;
- Experiencecreating and deploying operating system images for servers and workstation
customers customized to organizational operational andIT security requirements.
- Associatesdegree required; Bachelors degree preferred in a computer systems related
- Certification:Must have either
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
- Preferred certified helpdesk professional and/or ITIL certification.
- Candidate must have excellent organization skills, problem-solving skills, multitasking skills, and a can do attitude with a customer focus to succeed.
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must possess excellent customer service skills (in person, email and over the phone)
- Candidate must possess very strong organizational skills, an ability to multi-task, and an ability to thrive in a busy and changing environment with a can do attitude.
- Candidate must be able to work in a team environment and independently.
- Candidate must have an understanding of troubleshooting issues and systems including: hardware (desktop computers, laptops), software (Microsoft OS, Blackberry, Exchange, Office, virus protection, PKI/CAC) in an Enterprise environment (AD, DHCP, DNS, file storage, print servers, LAN/WAN network troubleshooting (VPN, Cisco)
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development. Citizant is an equal-opportunity employer.
Citizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.