Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Tampa, Florida
Contract: 6 month contract to hire
Apex Systems is looking for a Systems Administrator in Tampa, Florida. If interested please contact Kelsey Laughlin at Klaughlinklaughlin@apexsystemsinc.com 813-281-8800.
**Must be eligible to obtain TS/SCI**
- The Systems Administrator performs tier one and two network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD.
- Candidates must possess strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills, in addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government’s systems’ hardware and software.
- Candidate requirements vary depending on system complexity, the types of operating and network systems being supported, and the size of the organization.
- A background in the specific types of hardware and software systems used by the Government is required. Candidates monitor and control one or more mid-range application servers.
- The SA studies program operating instructions to determine equipment setup and operations.
- The SA continuously observes the operation of assigned applications and storage devices to monitor system operation and determines the point of hardware or software failure.
- The SA manipulates systems in accordance with standard procedures to continue operations when individual units of a system malfunction.
- The SA confers with software systems engineering or applications programming personnel in the event that errors require a change of instructions or sequences of operations.
- The SA maintains operating records such as machine performance and production reports.
- If applicable, the contractor shall be responsible for ensuring system availability and reliability of the Global Command and Control System - Joint (GCCS-J) and related GCCS Family of Systems (FoS) on the networks.
Typical duties include:
- Installing operating system software, patches, and upgrades
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, software, and networking issues
- Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning, and monitoring operating system software and hardware
- Performing system backups and recovery
- Conducting server builds
- Establishes complex operational databases, software configuration control and system interfaces for computer systems related to customer Global Command and Control Systems (GCCS Admin)
- Maintains file servers, network access; documents, analyzes and troubleshoots systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance (GCCS Admin) Position Descriptions (PDs) for the Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Task Order (TO)
Education Requirements: BA/BS or equivalent + 2-4 years of experience as System Administrator (GCCS Admin position).
Certification Requirements: MCSA OR equivalent relevant to the candidate’s work area OR Red Hat Linux/Unix (GCCS Admin). DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II
Experience Requirements: A minimum of four years of SA experience OR if applicable to GCCS Administrator: Experience with GCCS applications to include Agile Client, COP, C2PC, DCAPES, GWIS desired
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178