Being a Systems Administrator is no easy task! At Odyssey, your mission will be to own, support, and build our network infrastructures. You’ll be part of a highly-qualified multi-disciplinary team delivering innovative solutions to the Tactical Defense Systems group. Your support will have a direct impact on the United States Airforce. In support of our national defense efforts, you will support servers in a mixed operating system environment and work efficiently with our internal technical group, as well as other cyber operating groups.
The Tactical Defense Systems Group relies on the technical team to create and maintain the technical infrastructure. That means the development and maintenance of next-generation platforms keep us running and productive. Ensure success in this role by being able to support servers in a mixed operating system environment, largely Linux, Windows, and MacOS.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
You’ll support a mixed Linux and Windows environment, applications and highly technical users. You’ll be asked to review and test new hardware and software applications, design and implement shell scripts and other tools to automate processes, troubleshoot issues and provide the required capabilities to technical staff. Additional duties include supporting projects to improve aspects of the computing and network infrastructures such as data storage, backup and recovery, network bandwidth and throughput, application installation and management, help design and implement configuration management, monitor systems, and networks and assist with configuration of network devices such as routers and switches.
The systems you will be administering include a mix of Delian 10 and CentOS 7 servers and virtual machines running in VMWare vSphere. Desktops that include Windows 10 and Windows Server 2018. Networking equipment includes Cisco's ASA Firewalls, Cisco's Routers, and Cisco Switches. Major software applications in use are JIRA On-Prem, Github, and Artifactory, as well as software development tools like Eclipse and Visual Studio. All systems require daily backups using Veeam backup.
• Strong Linux experience
• Solid understanding of Windows and network fundamentals
• Experience installing, configuring and operating network services such as DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, SSH, SAMBA, AD
Experience With The Following:
• Github Enterprise Administration
• Veeam backup
• VMware vSphere, vMotion, and vSAN
• Artifactory repository management
• Atlassian Confluence, JIRA, and Bamboo management
• McAfee ePO Server
• Strong understanding for DoD RMF and STIG process
• Experience installing and configuring routers and switches
• Must be team-oriented, have strong communication skills and have the ability to work independently to develop novel IT solutions to enhance productivity and reliability of computing resources
• Excellent customer service skills, communication skills, comprehensive and troubleshooting skills are required.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is a leading provider of management, analytical, and technical support services for government and private-sector customers. Established in 1997, Odyssey delivers innovative solutions in response to the complex and challenging requirements of our industry.
Click here to view our latest win! Odyssey Wins Air Force EPASS Task Order to Support AFLCMC / WII MAUAS Division
*Team members working 30 hours or more per week are eligible for all of Odyssey’s benefits, including our 401k plan, Roth IRA, holidays, and paid time off (PTO).*
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans