Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Systems Analyst to work in Fidelity’s Asset Management Technology in Boston, MA.
SAI Technology is looking for a Senior Systems Analyst to join our Workplace Managed Accounts Portfolio Construction team. The role involves understanding new features, facilitating requirement sessions with business partners and working within the technology organization to deliver new features/functionality.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in either Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Applied Mathematics or Finance related field
- Strong analysis skills, with a proven track record of delivery of sophisticated technology projects
- Familiarity with portfolio optimization techniques, quantitative methods, and alpha and risk model analysis is a plus
- Experience in defining clear and concise requirements for and providing support for portfolio management, trading and/or research applications
- Experience with Oracle/SQL and other languages desirable (e.g. Java, R)
- Willingness to read/analyze code for analysis purposes
- Able to understand the technology and software architecture of an application
- Good interpersonal, relationship management and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with business and technical team members across the organization
The Skills You Bring
- Minimum of 3 years’ demonstrable experience working with analytical models and partnering with investment professionals focused in either Equity or Fixed Income asset classes
- Your knowledge of quantitative techniques and methods, statistics and econometrics – including probability, linear regression and time series data analysis
- You have expert knowledge and experience of taking complex features and breaking them into stories with well-defined business value and acceptance criteria
- You have experience with minimum viable product definition and product backlog management
- You are a strong contributor with a collaborative work style
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with investment and technology partners
- Experience with detecting scope changes and partner concern of issues
- Passion for technology, and are proficient at writing SQL and reading code (e.g. Java, R)
The Value You Deliver
- Intelligently apply analytics and quantitative concepts to support investment needs and develop portfolio construction solutions
- Own the requirements gathering and features elicitation for portfolio construction platform
- Collaborate with the technology and investment teams to deliver high quality solutions for sophisticated problems
- Bring curiosity and a questioning mind-set to work, asking always about the “why” and the “value” of new features/improvements to the platform
- Contribute to improving technical product development practices across a distributed team
- Collaborating and actively engaging with all team members
As a member of the technical product development team you will contribute to the delivery of new features/functionality that supports the growing Managed Accounts business. You will work closely with Investment professionals, Quant Analyst and technology teams to develop state of art investment management solutions.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments in order to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at HR@ ftsjobs.com if you would like to request an accommodation.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.