Greenheck Fan Co-op Program:
Greenheck Fan is very proud of its involvement in the cooperative education process and is committed to furthering a student's education by partnering them with full-time engineers/employees and providing hands-on experience. All co-op students are treated as "real" employees, as we understand gaining real life experience is key in this relationship. We have been extremely pleased with the results of the co-op program, and have found it to be a win-win relationship. Our co-op program runs January thru August and June thru December. Any questions can be addressed to:Anna Brown(email@example.com)
Working with internal customers, the Co-op/Intern assists in research and fact-finding to develop or modify information systems. Assists in preparing detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Analyzes and revises existing system logic and documentation as necessary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Basic documentation skills - Ability to document business processes, read and understand documentation created by others, ability to create functional specifications, create and maintain application installation and troubleshooting guides for high-level programs.
- Assists in research and fact-finding to develop or modify information systems.
- Ability to work on identified solution to a problem and test solution against all aspects of problem as stated.
- Creation of standard technical design specifications from functional requirements including: system use case diagrams, data flow diagrams, system design models, pseudo code, etc. Some programming knowledge is desirable. Works closely with programmers during application development.
- Ability to work as a member of a project team. Able to manage assigned tasks and provide estimated time of completion.
- Possess basic business communication skills. Is able to ask questions, listen to responses, and document resulting requirements. Is able to professionally present self in written communications, meetings, team settings, and customer interactions.