Utilizing knowledge of clinical operations, the Cadence analyst will coordinate, review, analyze, and maintain Systems, including specification gathering, configuration, testing, modification, activation and ongoing support. Manages requests and works with end users (physicians, nurses, pharmacists, Patient Accounts, HIM etc.) to identify current operating procedures, define request requirements, perform data collection and analysis, identify problems, and opportunities for process improvements. This position provides specialized technical and operational knowledge and support to management, supervisors and staff throughout the hospital in order to successfully meet goals related to the development and effective use of relevant systems in operational areas. Mentors junior informatics or analyst staff on the principles of informatics and system implementation. May need to travel between campuses to perform duties. Provides Tier 3 level support. Participates in rotating on-call support of relevant Systems.
1. Some college education with Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. At least 1.5 years' experience with implementing Clinical or revenue cycle/business Applications
3. At least two (2) years experience in an acute care hospital or ambulatory clinic.
b. Experience coordinating team projects
5. Experience with Epic and relevant clinical systems such asSCC SoftLaboratory, Mediware HCLL, Cerner CoPath products or revenue cycle/ business systems such as Cirius, Passport, 3m 360 and Escription, preferred.
6. Knowledge of medical terminology
7. Excellent communication skills, oral and written, interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills. Proven ability with Excel, Word, and Outlook.
8. Ability to work with minimum supervision and to interact well with all levels of employees and physicians throughout the organization, participate in intra- and interdepartmental collaboration, and handle multiple tasks concurrently to meet deadlines.
9. Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to do report writing, meeting minutes, and update/change/make project plans.
10. Cadence certification required.
11. Referrals certification highly desirable
1. If configuring Epic, certification in Cadence is required (certification within 6 weeks after last class if not already certified)
2. Valid Healthcare certification or licensure preferred
3. CPC or CCS AHIMA certification for HIM Analyst preferred.
b. Valid California driver's license