The United States Coast Guard Operations Systems Center (USCG OSC) Core Technology Services (CTS) II Contract has an opening for a Systems Analyst to join theISD-SEC-Boundary Protection Service Team in Kearneysville, WV. The ISD-SEC-BPS Team supports IT infrastructure engineering and operations supports IT infrastructure engineering and operations efforts across CTS, including:
- Holistic management of IT infrastructure capacity that includes processes and technology
- Report and dashboard creation and support for Key performance indicators (KPI) and metrics
- Report and dashboard creation and support for Capacity Management
- Business Analysis
- Onboarding of new business systems
- End user support for CTS service offerings
- Issue escalation in coordination with technical and management staff
- Design and testing of services offered via the CTS Service Catalog
- Standard template/process creation and maintenance
- Security compliance tracking and reporting
- Security assessment and audit analysis and support
- Comprehensive OS STIG posture for 100% of currently supported servers through creation of STIG Checklists and Scorecards
- Creation and updates of technical specifications and business documentation
- Configuration and release management
- Monitor ticket queue and assist customers
- Assist in tracking vulnerability mitigation
- Assist with providing artifacts to support mitigation of Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs)
- Assist with the weekly vulnerability statistics
- Respond to customer and management data calls
- Work with external customers to answer questions and provide guidance
- Work closely with external customers, as well as internal Operations and Engineering groups to coordinate onboarding activities
- Create, manage and review documentation
- Ensure adherence to CM processes and reporting standards
- Ensure adherence to Project Management and CCB guidelines
- Provide input for process improvement and standardization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT Engineering or related degree program or equivalent work experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 15 years practical experience in a project management support setting
- Strong computer skills and the ability to create high-value deliverables
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment
- Self-starter who can think ahead
- Work hours are consistent but occasional ad hoc requirements necessitate flexible hours
- Proficiency with the MS Office tool suite
- Proficiency in spreadsheet data manipulation and presentation building
- Strong customer service and consultation skills
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with MS Project
- Experience with SharePoint library administration
- Familiarity with cloud computing, SAN, backups, and networking
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with ITIL v3 Framework
- Existing knowledge of USCG Business and Support systems is highly desirable.
U.S. Citizenship is required for the position. Candidate must successfully pass a Federal Background Investigation.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.