The Cancer Center has been a leading provider of oncology care on the Central Coast of California for more than 60 years. Our investment in the latest equipment and technology, recruitment of highly trained medical professionals, and development of the most extensive oncology support services in the region, allow us to keep our comprehensive and personalized approach to cancer care at the heart of what we do. Our employees take pride in their commitment to continually advancing cancer care and enhancing the lives of those touched by cancer.
The Ridley-Tree Cancer Center provides the Central Coast with the full spectrum of cancer care that aligns with the National Cancer Institute (NCI) recommendations for best practice in cancer care. When you join our team at the Cancer Center, you will play a vital role in fulfilling our founding promise -- to provide the highest level of cancer care in Santa Barbara County.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Systems Analyst is a key organizational position collaborating with and bringing together cancer center operations, IT department and Applications & Analytics stakeholders. The incumbent is responsible for providing ongoing IT applications and systems technical support, routine assessment of current systems and future needs/opportunities, related project management ownership & support, and general administration of the above for the Clinic's oncology departments and key partner, the Cancer Foundation of Santa Barbara. The incumbent also has key relationships associated with outside vendors, consultants, and other key department stakeholders such as philanthropy, marketing and the executive office. The incumbent is accessible, responsive, team focused and accountable. They will be available on-call during core operating hours; aligning support availability with IT System Admins, Help Desk resources, and operations; and will be available for immediate support as assigned to key clinical meetings events and organizational events. On occasion this will mean being in attendance during some evenings and weekends for special events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBLITIES: (This list may not include all of the responsibilities assigned.)
* Provide routine to moderately complex technical desk-side support in the Oncology department in support of treatment equipment, computer hardware, applications and peripherals; scope of departments includes focus on Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology, Infusion Center, Surgical Oncology, Nuclear Medicine, and Oncology Pharmacy Services departments along with the Cancer Foundation of Santa Barbara; majority of time likely spent on technically complex departments (i.e. Radiation Oncology).
* Receive, prioritize, document and actively resolve end user service / help requests by collaborating with equipment vendors, IT, Applications & Analytics, and Oncology department stakeholders.
* Be available for periods as assigned by manager or required by department for continuity of patient care and events.
* Collaborate with IT department and provide support on IT projects as they relate to Oncology.
* Creates and refines processes to and thereafter routinely assesses and makes recommendations on existing equipment and applications functionality.
* Advises on existing and new technology upgrades & updates in collaboration with vendors, IT and Oncology department stakeholders.
* Ensure desktop and peripheral devices are installed and accessed in a secure manner and ensure against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
* Maintain a current knowledge of Sansum Clinic computer systems policies and procedures to ensure compliance with internal and regulated requirements and standards.
* Work with the IT department and equipment vendors to ensure the availability and reliability of the department audio-visual and supporting computer equipment.
* Update system and support documentation as necessary to reflect changes to programs, solutions, reports and interfaces.
* Update management, vendors, customers and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports.
* Function as a technical consultant to the oncology department and provides a high level of service to support Sansum Clinic staff.
* Participate in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals and objectives.
* Participate in training activities to maintain technical currency and to broaden product knowledge. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of assigned applications and duties.
* Participate in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
* All clinic positions require discretion and a high degree of confidentiality.
* Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein or as assigned by management.
* Adheres to HIPAA regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS: Knowledgeable in supporting users in a healthcare environment and working with with vendors and IT staff to resolve issues.
* Must be a self-starter, be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic healthcare environment.
* Experience in supporting desktops, printers, and peripherals in a healthcare environment.
* Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience working with other department support staff including IT Applications & Analytics, Radiology, and Oncology vendors supporting computer systems.
* Demonstrated experience and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
* Ability to work in a time critical networked environment.
* Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes.
* Ability to sit at a computer keyboard, view a computer monitor, and use a telephone headset for extended periods of time.
* Excellent analytical and communication skills.
* Demonstrate behavior that supports the Sansum Clinic mission.
* Meets production standards with established time requirements.
* Work product and performance meets quality standards.
* Demonstrate respect and positive interpersonal skills with patients, customers, the public, managers, and co-workers.
* Observes time, attendance, and dress code standards.
* Protects the safety of others and of the physical plant and equipment, following institution policies, fire, safety, and infection control regulations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE:
* Radiation Oncology IT experience preferred.
* 2 to 3 years of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
* College Degree (B.A., B.S. or significant commensurate experience) in a field of study such as business, IS, or healthcare related area required.
* Completion of one professional certification within three years and maintenance of certification thereafter if applicable
* Must be able to communicate effectively (read, comprehend, write and be understood) in English. Basic keyboard and data entry skills are required as well as the ability to work in a changing environment and hold multiple conflicting priorities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled